+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Guitar Hero

I really don't know how to describe it, but I'll try.

It's when you hammer your finger onto another fret without strumming. Pulloffs are pulling your finger off without strumming. Simple enough, but the hard part of explaining comes now.

You can only use them on parts of the song where the circles coming at you do not have a black ring on top. If you look for a black ring on top of all of the note circles coming at you, you'll realize that some do not have black rings on top. On the ones without the black rings, you can hammer on and pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I really don't know how to describe it, but I'll try.

It's when you hammer your finger onto another fret without strumming. Pulloffs are pulling your finger off without strumming. Simple enough, but the hard part of explaining comes now.

You can only use them on parts of the song where the circles coming at you do not have a black ring on top. If you look for a black ring on top of all of the note circles coming at you, you'll realize that some do not have black rings on top. On the ones without the black rings, you can hammer on and pull off.
    No shit.. good to know. That would make a ton of sense on those harder sections when you're getting 32nd/64th notes rolling. I was having a hard time trying to get the strummer to move that fast. VERY cool, man. Thanks.

Now I want to leave work early and go beat hard LOL

(PS: If I've beaten Medium and gotten all the 'encores', do you get any new songs for beating Hard?)

Hammer ons? Pull offs? Sounds like a taboo solo activity.

But in all seriousness, if you have this game for PS2, and have a 360, I recommend that you trade in the PS2 version and get the 360 version. There are actually a lot of good new songs like Toadies (Do you wanna die?),
    "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo" and "Dead!" by My Chemical Romance. Plus, you're able to download new songs from Xbox Live, and I've picked up classics like "Bark At the Moon" by Ozzy and "Killer Queen" by Queen. Not to mention the game is in HD and looks 100 times better than the PS2 version, and earning achievements and gamerscore points adds to the challenge.

Last but not least, the guitar will be usable for the upcoming Activision title "Rock Band", where you'll have a lead singer with a mic, lead guitar, and a drummer, which will be out this Christmas.

Pick it up, it's worth it.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Or wait until Guitar Hero 3 comes out to get a wireless guitar...

I can't wait for the first video game created band to get on TRL.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerbang
    I can't wait for the first video game created band to get on TRL.
    Which is actually pretty fucking likely, considering the shithole that is MTV signed a partnership with Guitar Hero.

Oh I agree. Its definately coming.
    STEW BEEF!

First Guitar Hero III songs released

Hot on the heels of this week's announcement of seven more songs for the 1980s-themed Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s, Activision has announced the first batch of songs for Guitar Hero III. The full list for the latest rhythm game, first revealed during an earnings call earlier in the year, is below--and contains many tracks by the original artists:

ORIGINAL RECORDINGS:
    "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
    "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones
    "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
    "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
    "The Metal" by Tenacious D
    "My Name Is Jonas" by Weezer
    "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse

COVER SONGS:
    "Rock And Roll All Nite" as made famous by Kiss
    "School's Out" as made famous by Alice Cooper
    "Slow Ride" as made famous by Foghat
    "Barracuda" as made famous by Heart

The company also confirmed that the game would be getting two new controllers--a Gibson Les Paul guitar model for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii consoles, and a Gibson Kramer guitar for the PlayStation 2. Both controllers will be wireless.

The new game will also get a host of new features, including a "multiplayer action-inspired battle mode," and authentic rock venues. An expanded online multiplayer mode will allow gamers to compete with other guitar heroes worldwide.

RedOctane's head of publishing, Dusty Welch, said that the team had listened to fans' requests for this edition of the game. He commented, "Many of the top bands and songs we've tried to get in the past are now on board, and we've definitely got some giant aces in the hole to say the least."

Guitar Hero III is due for release on the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii this "fall." It will be the first full-fledged entry in the series to be developed by Activision's in-house studio Neversoft--the first two Guitar Hero games were made by Harmonix.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...?newsid=156936

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's

Only on PS2 as of right now. Shit.

Just under two weeks ago, Activision officially confirmed that it was prepping a special 1980s-themed Guitar Hero title. Titled Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s, the game is the last in the series to be developed by now-MTV-owned Harmonix, and will ship for the PlayStation 2 this summer. The publisher also announced five songs that would be covered in the game: "Round and Round" by Ratt, "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Holy Diver" by Ronnie James Dio, and "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. In addition, Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s will feature two original tracks: Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran" and "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister.

Today, Activision revealed seven more covers that would be featured in the game: Skid Row's "18 and Life," Faster Pussycat's "Bathroom Wall," Billy Squier's "Lonely is the Night," Poison's "Nothing But a Good Time," Extreme's "Play With Me," Eddie Money's "Shakin'," and "Synchronicity II" by the recently reformed Police. As of now, 13 of the 30 songs that will be featured in the game are known, with others to be undoubtedly revealed bit by bit over the coming weeks.

Besides unveiling the expanded song list, Activision also tweaked the title of the game formerly known as Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s. Henceforth, it will be known as Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s--perhaps presaging a whole retro "Encore" subfranchise to the Guitar Hero series. However, no such spin-off had been officially confirmed as of press time.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...?newsid=156936

+ Reply to Thread