+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joe Dumars for Governor?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Joe Dumars for Governor?

Joe Dumars' Name Mentioned In Governor Talk

Lansing (WWJ) -- Joe Dumars for Governor? WWJ Lansing Bureau Chief Tim Skubick reports some Democrats have put out feelers to Detroit Pistons president Joe Dumars to find out if the former basketball star would be interesting in running for Governor.

Dumars has no political experience and has made no indication he is interested.

A Democratic source tells Skubick Dumars has the qualities to run the state, a good businessman, a good image and someone who can handle himself in public.

Democrats are looking for a candidate who has no political ties to Governor Jennifer Granholm whose approval rating has slipped in the past year.

Dumars' name comes out a day after Lt. Governor John Cherry announced he would not run for Governor. Many considered Cherry to be the front-runner for the job, but he was having trouble raising money. Political insiders say Cherry's ties to the Granholm Administration hurt his chances.

Skubick writes this about Dumars: "you have a potential blockbuster of a candidate that would not only set this town on its ear, but produce enough buzz to give the D's a better than even chance to hang onto the governor's chair.

While some democrats are sad that Cherry has been relegated to the sidelines, pulling a Joe Dumar's type candidate out of the hat could quickly turn those tears into smiles."

Democratic candidates who are in the race include Senator Alma Wheeler Smith, former lawmaker John Freeman and former MSU football coach George Perles.

State Senator Hansen Clarke announced Tuesday afternoon he would run for governor. Other names mentioned as possible candidates include House Speaker Andy Dillon, Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow and former Governor Jim Blanchard.
    http://www.wwj.com/Joe-Dumars-Name-M...r-Talk/6048451
    http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/t...hp?blogid=1880
    http://skoopsblog.blogspot.com/2010/...d-for-gov.html

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    If I thought this was serious, I'd put it on the NBA board and we can discuss the impact it might have on the team, the evils of Tom Wilson, etc. As it stands, it belongs in a less-serious board like Politics.

Blog Entries
    Well, if he's not pleased with the direction that he sees coming from Mrs. D, this would be a way to separate himself from the organization amicably, "how could I turn this opportunity down?"
    Find a new slant.

Izzo is going to run.

And Glenn is right, this would be an easy out for him. Too bad it wouldn't resolve the situation for Piston fans (if she were handicapping the rebuilding, in addition to Dumar's drafting handicapping us).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I can just see the Republican candidate bringing up the Darko pick in a debate.
    Find a new slant.

^ "Dumars is a poor judge of character"
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Izzo is going to run.
    I'm disappointed in you Gla.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Governor Dumars
    First and foremost, I’m a fan of 3% unemployment. I like 3% unemployment. I like people who like 3% unemployment. It affects the momentum of the state. It allows you to get jobs back when you’re down. I just think it’s a huge weapon. I’m going to try to address that this summer. I’m going to try to bring some guys in that can knock down the unemployment rate. That’s a weapon. I love 3% unemployment. I’m biased, but I love 3% unemployment. That’s definitely a weapon we need to get better at. Definitely.
    Find a new slant.

Unemployment is antiquated.

Blog Entries
    Jobs are a sacred cow.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread