View Poll Results: Who should be the NFL coach of the year?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Payton (Saints)

5 45.45%
  • Mangini (Jets)

3 27.27%
  • Fisher (Titans)

3 27.27%
  • Jauron (Bills)

0 0%
  • McCarthy (Packers)

0 0%
  • Nolan (Niners)

0 0%
  • Somebody else

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should be the NFL coach of the year?

Blog Entries

Who should be the NFL coach of the year?

This has got to be the most difficult year to decide this in recent memory.

Through the first half of the season, it seemed like it was a two man race between Sean Payton (Saints) and Eric Mangini (Jets).

Both of those guys are obviously still frontrunners, but you can't ignore what Jeff Fisher has done with that Titans team (currently 7-7) that most people thought might be a 2-14 team. Same goes for Dick Jauron in Buffalo (how's that taste, Lions fans). The Bills were looking like a 5 win team max (I'm on record saying as such in the "6 worst teams in the NFL thread") but Dick has them at 7-7, which is just unreal.

The Packers, still in the playoff hunt with two games left? Unbelieveable, but I don't think McCarthy has a shot next to these others. But it's noteworthy nonetheless.

What about Mike Nolan in San Fran? Who had them still fighting the Seahawks for the division right down to the end?

No credit for Lovie and the Bears, IMO. The Bears are who we thought they were.
    Find a new slant.

LOL at the Lovie comment, Glenn.

I honestly think it should be Fisher. I thought the Titans should have been the worst team in the league. That could be credit to Young, but to have that team at .500 and winning 5 straight is amazing.

Nolan has done an amazing job also.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Kind of a toss up between Fisher and Payton. I picked Payton because he was with the Cowboys for the last couple years, and the Saints beat the hell out of my 'Boys.

I agree with UxKa, the way the Saints pulled out all the stops to beat Dallas puts Payton over the top imo, although Mangini should get a lot of credit. I'm not as surprised by Tennessee as a lot of people, they had some talent and rather than giving all the credit to Fischer I give a lot to Vince. What I do give Fischer credit for is by keeping Vince on the bench until he was sure he was ready, instead of throwing him out there to start the season.

I voted for Payton. Amazing job turning that situation around fast. Props should also go to Drew Brees, who many 'experts' had written off (including our GM who signed Kitna instead).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I voted for Payton. Amazing job turning that situation around fast. Props should also go to Drew Brees, who many 'experts' had written off (including our GM who signed Kitna instead).
    Millen? Expert? He shouldn't even be called that in a sarcastic way.

Blog Entries
    Chris, I remember that you and I really wanted the Lions to sign Brees last year.

Ah, good times.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Chris, I remember that you and I really wanted the Lions to sign Brees last year.

Ah, good times.
    Yes indeed. I wanted us to draft him the year we got Backus too. The guy makes plays.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    I'd go with Fisher as well. I thought that the Titans were gonna be better than people thought they were (as MoTown proved for me), but not compete-for-the-playoff-spot-competitively good. The New Orleans story is nice, but there are some gaping holes on that team (i.e. the entire fucking defense outside of Will Allen, who somehow made the Pro Bowl). The Titans are playing cohesive football without anywhere near the talent that, say, the Saints have.

+ Reply to Thread