View Poll Results: what should the lions have done with the #2 pick?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • draft c. johnson

3 50.00%
  • draft joe thomas

3 50.00%
  • draft a. peterson

0 0%
  • trade down

0 0%
  • something else

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hindsight is 20/20:redo the #2 pick

hindsight is 20/20:redo the #2 pick

knowing what you know now (and perhaps knew then) what should the lions have done?

hard to get down on johnson, and not really fair cuz he's missed 1 and 1/2 games with a bad back.

but looking at the lions... first off, its hard to say what our game plan is. we dont seem to be building for the future, or trying really to win now. its like not being miserably bad is our only goal.

with our recieivers, i think joe thomas would have helped us more now and would have been pick for the future too.

as good as peterson has looked, i think he wouldnt have had the same success here (we dont have an O-line, and we dont like to run), though he would have definitly been nice, and probably better than CJ.

supposedly, trading down we had no good offers, plus millen is too dumb to make the most of lesser picks.

so i think, in hindsight, i would have went #1) thomas, 2) peterson, 3) johson.

i dont think you could make an argument for anyone else here, could you?

I wouldn't have taken Peterson. With our O-Line he'd be worthless, if not injured. When Jones gets healthy he'll be solid, and if we had any semblance of an offensive line having Jones, Bell, and Duckett would be fantastic.

Its either Thomas or Johnson. If Johnson turns out to be amazing, then I'm happy with the pick. He's looked solid when he's played. Otherwise, I'd rather have Thomas, but I wouldn't have wanted to take him at #2. Maybe if we could have dropped to #3 or #4 I'd have loved it.

+ Reply to Thread