View Poll Results: When the whistle blows at gametime, who gives 100%, all the time?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Afflalo

14 63.64%
  • Kwame

1 4.55%
  • Bynum

11 50.00%
  • Rip

5 22.73%
  • Valter

9 40.91%
  • AI

2 9.09%
  • Amir

5 22.73%
  • Max

5 22.73%
  • Dice

14 63.64%
  • Tay

2 9.09%
  • Sharpe

2 9.09%
  • Stuckey

3 13.64%
  • Sheed

0 0%
  • None of them

1 4.55%
  • All of them

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons Hustle Poll

Blog Entries

Pistons Hustle Poll

As far as effort goes, which guys on team do you NEVER question?

Multiple votes are allowed.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Afflalo, Bynum, Dice, and Walter.

I voted none of them and will explain why:

None of our guys put in 100% in practice and in games.

None of them are focused on the game 100% when they are in time outs or sitting on the bench.

Is it really too much to ask of them to focus for 2 hours on game nights?

And do practices last 2 hours during the season? How long is the game day shootaround?

We're not asking these guys to focus for 8 or 9 hours a day. Sure there is travel involved and it's rough living out of a suitcase and hotels but get real - they don't have it that hard.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    That's taking it to quite an extreme. I guess I'm not having any luck with these polls today.

When the whistle blows at gametime, who gives 100%, all the time?
    Maybe I should have added this doesn't include practice, when they are farting and picking their noses on the bench, walking from the lockerroom to the bench, pregame introductions, 20 second timeouts, during the first of two free throws, when greeting the other team before tip-off, when tweeting at the half...
    Find a new slant.

Bynum, Max, AA and Dice give the best effort of the group. I can't say Valter because he usually doesn't take the ball to the hoop, which clearly he can do. He settles for shots and settling is a lack of effort.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    It was my impression that Afflalo was first-in last-out when it comes to practice. Of course, as a once-great player once said "we're talking about practice, not the game". I wonder what happened to him...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Bynum, Max, AA and Dice give the best effort of the group. I can't say Valter because he usually doesn't take the ball to the hoop, which clearly he can do. He settles for shots and settling is a lack of effort.
    Probably because he gets called for an offensive foul every time he tries.

Blog Entries
    I love watching Valter on D. The guy isn't anything special, but the effort is really impressive.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Bynum, Max, AA and Dice give the best effort of the group.
    You snubbed him.
    Find a new slant.

If you don't like the answer you shouldn't have asked the question.

Every single player could do more to improve their own game or to give the team a little bit more effort.

If you break it down to each possession there is no fucking way any member of this team, coaches included who can honestly say they have given 100% at any time all fucking season.

It's just impossible - AA could practice for an extra 2 hours every single fucking day but if he doesn't try to bring a team mate with him then he could have done more.

How many of the 5 on court are giving it 100% every single play?

How many players on the bench are actually really watching the game, seeing who's hot, who's not, which defender is gambling a little bit more than usual tonight, which scrub is playing better than usual tonight etc?

I don't expect them to play a perfect game, but if you don't give 100% effort in practice and in games then you have no one but yourself to blame when you lose.

If you wanna win at any sport then give it everything you have. If you honestly give it 100% and you lose then so be it - God fucked you.

If you give 95% effort then your dumbass needs to look itself in the mirror and say "self, we fucked up. Next time I'm not fucking around - 100% effort. If we lose then I can blame God."

The team this year seems to be like the kid who failed his high school tests - dude didn't study but he's doing all he can.

Get fucked with that shit.

And GD, this makes me sick:

Quote Originally Posted by GD
    "Maybe I should have added this doesn't include practice, when they are farting and picking their noses on the bench, walking from the lockerroom to the bench, pregame introductions, 20 second timeouts, during the first of two free throws, when greeting the other team before tip-off, when tweeting at the half...
    So, while the players are walking out from the locker room to start the warm up for the game they are allowed to half ass it? Don't focus on what you are about to do - you don't have to - it's all so fucking easy.

During pre-game intros it's cool with you if they start eating the fucking candy, CANDY courtside? Ever heard of focusing on the task at hand?

The task at hand from the minute these cunts get to the arena until the time they get on the bus to go to the hotel/airport is simple:

Beat the fucking living daylights out of the opponent. If they are fucking around in warm ups, practice, 20 second time outs, pre game intros etc it's no wonder why we are in danger of missing the fucking playoffs with our roster.

Yeah, I'm an asshole - if I was Coach it wouldn't be fun.

You want fun? Go see a movie, go paint your face and wear large ass shoes you fucking clown. The NBA is about winning - it used to be.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread