+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine Offseason Thread

Genuine Offseason Thread

Now that we fucking quit and are on our way out, there should be an offseason thread. Maybe to combine the KG, trade Sheed, Fix the team, and McKosky threads, or maybe just as a new seperate one.

Post your plan's, thoughts, and all that about the offseason here.

*Mods- if you think that this is just another repeated thread than you can delete this, but I think it makes sense to have.

No you are correct this will be a seperate topic-----JS

***************EDIT BY JS*******************************

I hate to act like the overbearing parent here but I want this thread to remain civil. This topic will be watched closely so no personal attacks will be tolerated. Everyone has the right to their opinion, if you disagree with them debate respectfully. Say what you want about what you think should be done... Do not fear being bold and vocal, do not fear being attacked.

This is not directed at any of the previous posts or posters, it is just a general warning. I want this topic to remain creative and free of intolerance.
    Last edited by JS; 06-03-2006 at 01:57 AM.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I think it is clear that a trade is in order, specifically Sheed.

Chicago could offer #2 and players like Duhon, Deng, Nocioni, or Gordon, we could add the Orlando pick to make it more enticing.

Denver could offer Andre Miller and Nene, if they can ship off KMart.

The Lakers could give up Odom and Bynum but we would have to add more.

KG is an obvious choice, but would be very hard to get.

The Knicks have Frye and some other young guys, but I'm not convinced that Thomas would be willing to trade with Joe, bringing the comparison even closer.

Utah could try to combine Boozer, #14, and somthing else.

I think that Chicago would be the best match, as they have the youth and wide variety of talents to offer, and needs a better scorer opposite Chandler(which is why Ben makes no sense to me, for them).

FA Wise:
    Wells and Harrington have expressed interest, but both seem like they will likely be worth more than the MLE.

If we got a top end pick Aldridge seems obvious, nid to late lotto, I would look PG or SG/SF, Brewer possibly the best option as he plays them all. With our pick, I am hoping Dee Brown will fall.

Coaching- As much as I want to Fire Flip, I don't think you can do that yet, he would need to fail again.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

We absolutely need a low post scoring threat.

Flip is not going to be fired, so there's no point in discussing that. You might want him gone, but he's going to stick around.

As for offseason moves, Joe will figure something out.

kstat is right.

Flips not going anywhere...

See, I don't think we'll make a major trade. I think we'll re-sign Ben (and may get him cheaper than I thought), and keep the rest of the starters plus McDyess. The draft will produce nothing, and Hunter, Delk, and Acker are probably gone. We'll have to get a backup combo guard, either through free agency or trade (Delfino, Davis, 2 first rounders next season) and another big.
    And Flip Saunders won't be fired.

One thing Dumars needs to get through Saunders head is that we will be playing 82 meaningless regular season games. It doesn't matter if we win 70 or we win 42, just that we make the playoffs. I think Dumars will make minor moves, and evaluate the team at midseason. If there's a major trade to be made, I think it'll be made then.

So, in summary:
    Players that will be back at the beginning of the season (IMO):
    Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, Ben, McDyess, Evans, Maxiell, Johnson.

Maybes:
    Davis, Delk

Gone:
    Hunter (retired), Delfino, Cato, Acker.

And Saunders will still be the coach.
    Last edited by shags; 06-02-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Can you guys stop talking about Garnett. He is NOT going to play for Flipper... provided he's not canned by Joe D.

...and I'm not convinced Flipper WON'T be "released".

Sucks that Sac just signed Musselman. So, how about the former Sac coach? What's his name. Kind of famous for winning, y'know.

Adelman or Flipper?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain

Sucks that Sac just signed Musselman. So, how about the former Sac coach? What's his name. Kind of famous for winning, y'know.

Adelman or Flipper?
    Adelman's not considerably better, if he is at all. There's not a coach available who is considerably better than Saunders.

Adelman failed to win a championship with great Portland teams in the early 90s, and he failed to win a championship with great Sacramento teams in the early 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain

Adelman or Flipper?
    Adelman's not considerably better, if he is at all. There's not a coach available who is considerably better than Saunders.

Adelman failed to win a championship with great Portland teams in the early 90s, and he failed to win a championship with great Sacramento teams in the early 00s.

I want LB back. I don't give a fuck what happened in the off season. Players would just have to suck that shit up.

If Phil and Kobe can... maybe........ nahh, pipe dream =/.

Innovative Music Production.

+ Reply to Thread