+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chris Wilcox

Chris Wilcox

I haven't seen his name mentioned while discussing FA or Trade targets. In 29 games with the Sonics, he averaged 14.1 points and 5.7 rebounds while shooting 59.2 percent from the field.

I am not sure what Seattle's cap status is but given the fact that he is a RFA, they have the right to match any offer made to Wilcox.

That said, what do you guys think of a S&T deal with one of the Wallace's as the main piece? And would the Sonics even consider this?

I would probably do a deal for one of the Wallaces. People might say him coming on is a contract year thing, but I'd say it's more likely because he's been playing behind Elton Brand his entire career. I think he'll be getting a boatload of money though.

I think depends on what Wilcox's asking price. I know he has a ton of potential but look what one good season did for the Bucks with Simmons, he was hardly worth Tay money. I have a hard time breaking the bank for Wilcox. If the deal was Sheed and Evans for Wilcox @ 6.5-7 million and Fortson or Watson yeah I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    I think depends on what Wilcox's asking price. I know he has a ton of potential but look what one good season did for the Bucks with Simmons, he was hardly worth Tay money. I have a hard time breaking the bank for Wilcox. If the deal was Sheed and Evans for Wilcox @ 6.5-7 million and Fortson or Watson yeah I would do it.
    Except that a S&T with Wilcox cannot involve other players with him. We'd have to trade them the same amount of contracts basically. You'd have to send RIP, Tay or Dyess to do a S&T for Wilcox. Sheed makes too much, and Ben will once he's extended.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I've heard that Wilcox's defense is marginal at best, but I haven't seen him play much.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I've heard that Wilcox's defense is marginal at best, but I haven't seen him play much.
    And you'd be right. I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench, but the guy is like Harpring (whom I also like) in that he's a defensive cakewalk. The Pistons are the exact opposite of a lot of NBA teams, who have starters that can score at will while they bring stoppers off the bench.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    wilcox wont put up the same numbers once he gets a contract. he's an ok rebounders. but inconsitent offensively IMO. and average on defense.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread