+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terry Malone GONE!

Terry Malone GONE!

to the Saints...per Detnews...

Hermann looks like he is staying.

Debord is now OC, English to the Bears and Malone tot he Saints.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

<------- Malone leaving dance

it's about time

It's good for Michigan to get Debord back. He is a conservative coordinator, but he always seemed to call the right plays at the right times. I can't say that for Malone.

I'm glad Malone is gone, but I'm not too excited about DeBored calling the plays either. I think the loss of English really hurts. He was a great DB coach and an even better recruiter.

Bottom Line-As long as Lloyd is at the helm, I'll be frustrated.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Let me first say all this is rumor for now. It is being reported, but until Lloyd says so in public, I would wait and see for sure.

Secondly, Debord is not an upgrade over Malone. Malone is a much better Oc than Debord. Lefty should have been given the job. I dont see how they keep him for another year if they dont do something. Debord is the master of the 2 man route.

About English. People give him too much credit and not enough. He was alright. DBs was not a great set in his time here. They were average. The safety play has been horrible. Saying that, most of that is about scheme and I dont know how much input English had in it. BTW English was supposedly offered the Co-DC job (crock of shit if you ask me). He was an alright recruiter. He had problems because he was going up against USC for most nearly all the recruits, but he did manage schilling and Moutan this year.

I wanted to see RE get the job of DC and see what his 3-3-5 could do against the spread. He would have used Moutan as a hybrid S/LB. It couldnt hurt.

I also heard that the only scheme last year that RE was really involved in was in the bowl game with them being super aggressive. I liked it.

Back to Debord....mark my words, if Llyod has a 10-2 season and beats OSU and the offense is above average, Lloyd steps down and Debord is the next head coach.

Art

Debord and Malone are in stone. Art talk to your "moles" I am sure you will come up with some interesting stories....

I hear that lloyd has basically threatened his staff about not letting anything leak. So when you hear something this off season, it is pretty much a sure thing.

I do not like the Debord OC thing. I want Scott to take over those duties. It just seems like everyone loves this guy and there is not a coach on that staff that knows what the QB's can and cannot do more than him, also he has the respect of the players.

I dont have "moles" unless you mean the guys at Scout.com. They are not talking too much about this sort of stuff. It is a wait and see thing.

Yeah I am pretty sure that Malone and Debord are stone, but until Lloyd says so or offical announcement, I cant say 100%.

BTW Loeffler is looking at going to NE to be the QB coach, or at least that is the rumor.

Carr is a moron. I am not sold on English, but he was the 2nd best coach he has and if they both leave, recruiting next year gets tougher.

Art

I'm not too excited about DeBored calling the plays either
    Carr had a chance to win over fans and take the program into the right direction and then he made the "conservative" decision and gave the offense to DeBored! What a surprise!

Carr could have went after an OC with some experience with a spread offense, he could have opened things up and used his talent, but he decides to stick with the good ole Michigan style.

I took a giant sigh of relief when I heard who the OC was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'm not too excited about DeBored calling the plays either
    Carr had a chance to win over fans and take the program into the right direction and then he made the "conservative" decision and gave the offense to DeBored! What a surprise!

Carr could have went after an OC with some experience with a spread offense, he could have opened things up and used his talent, but he decides to stick with the good ole Michigan style.

I took a giant sigh of relief when I heard who the OC was going to be.
    I'm not hyped about DeBored, but Tre keep in mind, he was the OC when we won the National Championship in '97. But I think our defense and someone with the initials CW might have had something to to with that.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread