+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pistons/Hornets

Surely IF Chris Paul made it public he wanted out we could come up with a pretty good package.

We have Kwame's expiring, Prince's soon to be expiring and a bunch of young talent (Stuckey, Summers, Daye or Jerebko and our 2010 picks).
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    if the Hornets trade Paul they can close their franchise and move to another place asap

Blog Entries
    Josh (Boston, Mass.): With word out that the Hornets are already shopping Okafor in exchange for expiring contracts such as Kenny Thomas, do you think they would be interested in Kwame and Maxiell instead?

Langlois: The Hornets are denying it, Josh. And it’s not quite as simple as asking if Okafor is an upgrade over a Kwame-Maxiell package. Okafor has a huge contract, due to make more than $60 million over the next five seasons, including this one. You have to ask yourself if you can commit that money more wisely elsewhere. Remember, the cap is projected to come down to a little more than $50 million next year. Pay Okafor that much and you might find yourself unable to pay Rodney Stuckey when he comes up on free agency in two years or unable to match an offer for Will Bynum after the season. The Pistons are already on the hook for eight-figure contracts next season to Hamilton, Gordon and Prince. Add Okafor and I don’t think you can think about using the mid-level exception next summer. So now it’s a choice between Kwame, Max and a MLE signing vs. Okafor, perhaps. You have to really believe that Okafor is the final piece to do that deal.
    Find a new slant.

Kwame, Max and a MLE signing vs. Okafor
    Who hesitates at that choice?

KL is terrible.
    STEW BEEF!

No shit. He's a dumbass. Plus Kwame is a FA, so you'd basically be using the MLE on him or a comparable player. Max and Kwame vs Okafor is a no brainer. Besides Prince is a FA at the same time as Stuckey. It's possible he'll become like Tmac (injury wise) with all the wear and tear on that thin frame. If so, they'll probably let him walk (especially if 1 of the 3 kids pan out there).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i still want Okafor

Okafor(10.5/11.5/12.5/13.5/14.5) and Mo Pete(6.2//6.6) for Tay(10.3/11.2) and Kwame(4.1)

the Hornets save about 2 mil this season and like 6 mil the next season, plus Tay's contract is expiring...

+ Reply to Thread