+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: i hate CD's!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    That's fine for the big names but I guarantee they won't back up everything forever. It's not as simple as just making a backup and then you're good, you'd have to keep backing it up on to new hard drives every 8-10 years or so to be safe. Alot of stuff is going to get lost in the shuffle.
    That's not how digital archives work, its not like saving junk on your home computer.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    It's not how digital archives -should- work. If you want a barrel of laughs, talk to folks who work at data recovery shops about the kinds of stuff that ends up their way. You'd be slackjawed.

Well, its not how my digital archive works at least.
    STEW BEEF!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    A couple friends of mine are in SRT and I've browsed through a few different trade pubs they have. I don't know enough about the technical details of the problem to describe it correctly but there are a number of big names in the industry that are extremely concerned about the problem.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    personally i use Shure brand, they arent too expensive and sound nice. $20 or so, up to $35. if the record store youre talking about doesnt have them go to a dj shop.
    Honestly, from the price you are talking about of your needles, it sounds like you're using the Shure SC35C cartridges. Personally, I don't think they sound good at all. I would use the Stanton 500 AL II's over them all day long.

Now, if you want to spend a bit more money on the cartridge, which is kind of important if you want your music to sound decent, get either the Stanton 680 or the Shure M-447G. Both of those carts provide nice output and clarity.

I do know that the cart that comes with that turntable is complete garbage. It's the same one that comes on Gemini turntables and those carts are made like utter crap.

I am also assuming that turntable is belt drive? Now, I now belt drive is the way to go on super hi-fi systems, but unless you're spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a belt drive turntable, the $100 ones aren't all that accurate. Just be careful of the pitch fluctuating during playback.

If you plan on getting totally serious about wanting to listen to vinyl and maybe archiving some tracks to a hard drive, I would suggest spending the cash and getting a Numark TTX. It's $399.99, but it gives you the option to use phono out's, line outputs, or even digital outputs. Plus, there's no ground wire, it's direct drive, and the thing is a tank. Check it out: http://www.djsupply.com/proddetail.a...MARK%2DTT%2DX1

Anyway, if you guys have any more questions, I just so happen to manage a DJ shop and have worked here for about 9 years or so. Please feel free to hit me up with questions, if need be.

And, yes, I do own turntables. I own 2-Technic 1200's (industry standard), with Stanton 680 HP carts, and a Vestax PMC-50 mixer with rotarty knobs. I would love to have a pair of the TTX's, but I don't want to come off my 1200's to get them.

Blog Entries
    There are "DJ shops"?

Yep. There are REAL DJ shops, not guitar stores that disguise themselves as DJ shops, like Guitar Center.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    i just recommended some of the shure in that price range because it fit in with the amount diddy was spending. ill admit though, thats the one place i cut corners on my equipment is the needles.

DJ stores? lol thats cool you manage one, what kinda records does the store specialize in? website?

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    i just recommended some of the shure in that price range because it fit in with the amount diddy was spending. ill admit though, thats the one place i cut corners on my equipment is the needles.

DJ stores? lol thats cool you manage one, what kinda records does the store specialize in? website?
    We used to sell records, but recently sold them all off because due to software like Final Scratch and Scratch Live, it's easier to DL MP3's and use your turntables as controllers.

However, we do sell equipment. Mixers, turntables, CD players, amps, speakers, karaoke, lighting, and whatever else.

The website I linked to in my other post, the one to the TTX, is my work's website. I put all the product up there and even did some of the graphics on the banners on the front page. I'm not a graphics genius or anything, but they look presentable.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    thats cool, site looks good btw. final scratch is fun but theres something about records, i could never exclusively go to FS or cd tables. although i wouldnt mind having one cd table so if i were to make a track i could just burn it and mix it in with my set.

+ Reply to Thread