Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Lions vs Broncos 1pm est

OGT: Lions vs Broncos 1pm est

vs

Keep it goin' boys........I'll be there

I see Cornbread Jones having a big day

Blog Entries
    38-21 Lions (though it may be a stretch, at best).

Game on: Roy Williams calls Dre Bly a "no-hitter"
    Posted by Tom Kowalski November 01, 2007 12:34PM
    Whether he's sending a message or just having fun, Detroit Lions receiver Roy Williams added some spice to Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos with his less-than-flattering observation about Dre Bly's tackling ability. Williams talked to the media Thursday and here are excerpts from that interview:
    On Bly and the fact that he's practiced against Williams a great deal:
    "He's going to play me. He's been in the system, he knows it, he played against Torry (Holt), he played with Torry, he practiced against Torry, he practiced against me, so he knows me and I know him and it's going to be a great battle.''
    On Bly's tackling ability:
    "Dre is a no-hitter. Isn't there a term in baseball - a no-hitter? Dre's a no-hitter. He wants no part of that.''
    Then why do guys respect him?\
    "Because he can cover. I'd rather pass the ball on every play, but that's not football. You have to be able to run it. If I was to run 10 routes on Dre, it'd probably be 60-40, advantage me. But if Kevin Jones ran at him, 10 out of 10 times Dre's not going to make that tackle.''
    Then why not line up Jones on the outside as a receiver?
    "Because Dre can cover KJ.''
    On Bly's trash talking:
    "He's going to talk trash to the fans, he's going to talk trash to us and he's going to talk trash to the refs, that's just the way Dre plays. He's a Pro Bowler, he's won a Super Bowl and he's a good player. I hated that we had to let him go because we could've used him. Of course, he's not the best tackler in the world. I figure that's why we let him go, because we need corners who can tackle.''
    Will you talk back?
    "Yeah, I'm going to talk back. I'm not going to just sit there. It's kind of an Ulracher thing. We'll talk but we know that we're joking and we're just trying to win and trying to beat up on each other. It's going to be fun.''
    On the competitiveness between the two players:
    "We're both competitors, we both make stupid bets on who can spell their name the fastest - Dre or Roy? So we're real competitive and it's going to be a great matchup this week.''
    Will beating Bly be something special or is he just another guy?
    "He's just another guy in the NFL. There are 1,696 of us and I have to play against that one particular corner on that one particular Sunday. It's nothing big, man, it's what you're supposed to do.''
    way to get him fired up Roy

I hope he does fire up Bly. Bly is a risk taker. If he's playing hot maybe he'll jump routes and get burnt deep that much more.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    So what do you think of Denver's "other" corner, Roy?

Blog Entries
    Roy loves to flap him some gums
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Nice try, Roy...nothing's going to divert the attention away from Appy State beating Michigan.

Blog Entries
    Defensive Line needs to put pressure on Jay Cutler, force him to make bad throws, Denver's offensive line is hurting w/o Nalen, so theres no reason they can't get to the QB...

John Lynch is probably not going to play, and Javon Walker is still out...contain Travis Henry and get to the QB, and Detroit's defense should give them a chance to win the game...

On the offensive side, Denver is awful against the run, pound the rock w/ KJ, and that should open up the pass, Calvin should have a field day if he's going up against Dre' Bly...

Ultimately the Lions SHOULD win this game...

Lions 27

Broncos 17

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I hope he does fire up Bly. Bly is a risk taker. If he's playing hot maybe he'll jump routes and get burnt deep that much more.

a la Greg Jennings on MNF...Dre' is vulnerable to the deep ball, hopefully Martz took some notes from what he saw the Packers do

Blog Entries
    A game the Lions are expected to win, a scary thought.

If you guys haven't seen Cutler play, wait to you see the arm strength on this guy.

He's got a lot of improving to do, especially his touch, but man, that guy can throw.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread