+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 131
FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 1,301 to 1,307 of 1307

Thread: Democratic Presidential nomination race

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Which is how I saw it counted it up. Michigan gets seated so CNN had it included and she won the popular vote.
    But you can't count it because the DNC did not recognize the results at all. They arbitrarily split the difference between the unofficial results and the 50-50 mark. So there is no way to change the actual vote amounts to reflect that split. Even if you did, how can you figure it out since votes and delegates are not exactly proportionate (some districts might have a large turnout, but the delegate number won't change)? It's simply impossible to mess with the delegates and still count the votes, even if you simply assign uncommitted votes to Obama.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    But you can't count it because the DNC did not recognize the results at all. They arbitrarily split the difference between the unofficial results and the 50-50 mark. So there is no way to change the actual vote amounts to reflect that split. Even if you did, how can you figure it out since votes and delegates are not exactly proportionate (some districts might have a large turnout, but the delegate number won't change)? It's simply impossible to mess with the delegates and still count the votes, even if you simply assign uncommitted votes to Obama.
    I just made a simple comment as Hillary, imo, was exiting the race. She fought hard, she did this, she did that. I saw a graphic on CNN where they had her leading in the popular vote. I guess I should have went into great detail about where I arrived at my numbers. My ponit was she fought hard and didn't get stomped.

But because I wasn't down on my knees with Hermy slurping away at BO, I get called a liar.

It just doesn't matter anymore WTFChris. Its over. Really it seemed to me to be a historic race and not just because the country nominated the first AA to be Prez. This one might be talked about for a long time by political junkies. First women to come that close too. Pretty interesting stuff.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I wasn't ragging on her at all. I was just saying you can't really count Michigan in that. She fought hard and took it right to the end. you have to give her props for that. You also have to fault her for getting behind in the first place (when she was the front runner). I have no problem with her swing states and popular vote logic. I disagree with it, but I have no problem with her using it all this time. She's playing to win and you have to play the cards you've got.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd also like to see what the results of CA would be if it would have been run in June. I think there is a pretty good possibility that BO would have won. Not sure about that with the hispanic vote, but it makes for an interesting discussion.

If it were run later, and he won, it would really cut into her Electoral lead argument.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Clinton advisor blames strategy disagreements, money for loss
    Posted: 12:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

(CNN) – In an interview out Thursday, Hillary Clinton’s former senior strategist Mark Penn blames the New York senator's loss to Barack Obama not on underestimating her opponent, but on disagreements within the campaign on how to go after him and on squandering their campaign warchest far too early.
    “I wanted to question the basic underpinning of his campaign,” Penn told GQ Magazine’s Lisa DePaulo. “One - that he didn’t have the usual experience of somebody running for president, and two - that the positions he took on Iraq — you know, that were revered by the press — didn’t really hold up when you look through his record in the Senate.”
    Penn said former President Bill Clinton agreed with him and went after Obama on Iraq which resulted in his infamous “fairy tale” comments but that the rest of the campaign wanted to hold back because they felt Clinton’s refusal to apologize for her Senate vote to authorize the Iraq war made her vulnerable.
    WATCH Bill Clinton's 'fairy tale' comments
    “The reason that I would have gone after him early was precisely because I didn’t underestimate the power of a fresh new candidate who also had appeal to the African-American vote and the latte voters,” says Penn. “How do you stop something like that, right? You don’t stop something like that by being “warmer” [snorts]—by, you know, giving an interview on a personality show.”

Penn argues that what is being overlooked is how the $100 million the campaign amassed in 2007 had somehow disappeared after the first contest in Iowa — money crucial to building organizations in future states.
    “It was always anticipated that if things didn’t go well in Iowa — and Iowa was the toughest place — that there would be $25 million left in the kitty in order to go into the next round of states. Instead, the cupboard was bare,” says Penn.
    Penn also agreed with criticisms that the media was sexist and unfairly pushed her to end her campaign.
    “The press always falls in love with the new cool intellectual candidate. You know, he is their kind of candidate,” says Penn. “The microscope that they put her under, that they did not put her opponent and opponents under, was just incredible.”
    Clinton suspended her campaign last Saturday with tens of millions of dollars in debt, including - the New York Times reports - $5 million owed to Penn.

+ Reply to Thread