View Poll Results: What is the Pistons #1 need in the draft (positionally)?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Center

5 35.71%
  • Power Forward

0 0%
  • Small Forward

7 50.00%
  • Shooting Guard

0 0%
  • Point Guard

0 0%
  • Best player available

2 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistons #1 need in the draft (positionally)

Blog Entries

Pistons #1 need in the draft (positionally)

The answer may change based on other moves, but as of today...?
    Find a new slant.

a center.......you know, that guy that has post moves and boxes out

SF, based on today's roster. I would vote center with post moves but you won't find that outside the lotto and this vote has to be based on what is available at #29.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Well, those are the two that I am torn between, C and SF.

It would be a wet dream to find JaVale McGee, Roy Hibbert or Nicholas Batum available, right?
    Find a new slant.

If it's a coin flip between two equal talents, I'll take the C and sign a backup wing with the MLE. However, it's going to be a choice between a highly flawed big man or a solid wing. If McGee is there, I take him though. I'd trade up for him actually if we could dangle Minny's 2nd or something. He looks like he needs a couple years of development, which is fine with me. He had bad workouts, but they suspect it's from him adding bulk to his frame in a hurry. I didn't know he is from Flint btw.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-09-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Can't for a second imagine that a center who would sniff the court for either of the next 2 years would be available at 29.

If the question is "where do we need a good young player", sure.

Chris won this thread.

Yeah, the poll question is positional need so I answered what position we need most. For the draft position we have you take best available but that option doesn't really make sense as to the question as its not a position.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    So now we're parsing the verbiage of the question?

The "best player available" option was intended to mean that the Pistons should just take the "best player available", regardless of the position that said player might play.

Sorry, I didn't think it was that difficult.
    Find a new slant.

Don't get defensive G, I'm just explaining my choice.

I thought you'd be happy I even voted.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    The "best player available" option was intended to mean that the Pistons should just take the "best player available"
    I don't get it, just give it to me straight man

+ Reply to Thread