+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best of Detroit 2006 - Metrotimes

Best of Detroit 2006 - Metrotimes

We asked, and you responded online. We asked our staff and our contributors and our friends. What’s the Best Of Detroit? And even in a time of frightening layoffs and foreclosures, in a troubled region and a troubled world, we found things to celebrate. We found unsung heroes and civic projects that matter. We found art, music, fashion, food and places to share. And — it wouldn’t be the Metro Times otherwise, right? — we found some weird stuff, some kinky stuff, some offbeat places, some back-alley joints as well as brightly lit establishments on Main Street. There are things to laugh about here, and also things to mourn.

Welcome to our 20th Best Of Detroit. We’ve been at it longer than anyone else currently at it in town. Watch on as we tour metro Detroit in more than 400 vignettes. We’re glad to be back in the game. We hope you’re back with us too.

(And here’s a shout-out to one online voter in particular. We got this intriguing comment: “I’ve been at the Pole for a year so my choices are a little old and may not reflect the current scene. But I’ll be home soon.” When you get back to town, get in touch. We’ve got a copy of the Best Of issue waiting for you. It should help you get caught up.) —W. Kim Heron, Editor
    Best of Detroit 2006 according to the Metrotimes

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I don't buy Andiamo's as Best Italian. Hell, that's not even the best Italian chain... that'd be Buca di Beppo's.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Some chumps haven't ever been to Carreira's in Dearborn.

Moxie:
    We have a Buca's in Omaha, I've never tried it.
    Now that it cariies your endorsement, as soon as I can dig out of this snowstorm, I'm there.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    Some chumps haven't ever been to Carreira's in Dearborn.
    Carreira's is terrible. My wife and I went there one day for lunch and it was merely average.

I would take Caio' over Carrera's any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread