+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lions interested in Simms

^not sure. I know Griese signed an extension this past year though. Don't know what the money is. I suspect he wants to start though. He probably didn't sign it to be a backup.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I just don't get this no one likes Simms thing. I haven't seen much but from what I have seen it looks like he can throw a good deep ball, has a strong arm and is a gamer.

When someone posts something like I don't like this person or I rather I have this person it would be nice to see the reasons why.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    ^me too. Greise just signed an extension, so it's possible they are forced to trade him or let Simms walk. They will have too much money in QB's if they keep both, much like SD might have.

I'd trade them for Griese if they want. Can you do S&T's in NFL? Maybe they'd want Edwards or something.
    you have to protect griese in order to get your full value out of him. so i dont think detroit would be a good fit for him.

he'd still be a denver bronco if shannahan wasnt bent on getting cut blocking run blockers who cant pass block worth a lick(thus his team runs a ridiculous amount of bootlegs to hide it)
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I like Simms, but no way the Bucs let him go. He is their future at QB. He throws a nice ball and can run a little.

Plus he is clutch, too bad that WR didnt hang on.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by DevinJubei
    ^me too. Greise just signed an extension, so it's possible they are forced to trade him or let Simms walk. They will have too much money in QB's if they keep both, much like SD might have.

I'd trade them for Griese if they want. Can you do S&T's in NFL? Maybe they'd want Edwards or something.
    you have to protect griese in order to get your full value out of him. so i dont think detroit would be a good fit for him.

he'd still be a denver bronco if shannahan wasnt bent on getting cut blocking run blockers who cant pass block worth a lick(thus his team runs a ridiculous amount of bootlegs to hide it)
    assuming we have a proper offseason, our OL could be turned around a lot. If Millen is smart, he would resign Backus and draft a OT in the late first (trading next year's to get an extra one this year).

Then let the OT battle for LT or RT. Backus could move to RT or LG depending on how the rookie did. Backus, Kosier, Riola, Woody, Rookie or Rookie, Backus, Riola, Woody, Butler or even Rookie, Backus, Woody, Kosier, Butler could be a huge improvement.

I don't think we'd be a great OL, but we could at least be average. Assuming Backus is healthy, the rookie pans out ok, Woody returns to form, and Butler makes some improvements, it could be an above average OL.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Agreed. What the point of having a discussion about Simms if there's no protection?

You can have Peyton Manning in there and the Lions O would still suck. The QB needs a solid enough O line to offer him a shot at checking off routes. He also needs the confidence in the line to audible shifts and blocking assignments without worry.

Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain
    Agreed. What the point of having a discussion about Simms if there's no protection?

You can have Peyton Manning in there and the Lions O would still suck. The QB needs a solid enough O line to offer him a shot at checking off routes. He also needs the confidence in the line to audible shifts and blocking assignments without worry.
    that's why I don't get why people are talking about trading up for Young/Leinart. We have to address the OL and bring in someone else to compete with Joey outside the draft.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Assuming Backus is healthy, the rookie pans out ok, Woody returns to form, and Butler makes some improvements, it could be an above average OL.
    In other words:

Assuming all 5,000 "ifs" work out in the Lions' favor, they could be above average.
    Sounds like a typical Lions fan.

The Lions need each and every intangible to go right in order to have an above-average OL.

Newsflash: All 5,000 intangibles that Lions fans hold out for each year NEVER all pan out in the same year. Its simply not possible.

Either Backus will get injured, or Butler will not improve, or Woody won't return to form, or Kozier will continue to be nothing more than an average backup, or some combination of all the above.

The reality is If they don't replace at least TWO starting OL positions (one through a first round pick and one through free agency), they will continue to suck. End of story.

EDIT: And you forgot to mention "if Raoila grows 3 inches and gets longer arms" he could help them be an above average OL.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Assuming Backus is healthy, the rookie pans out ok, Woody returns to form, and Butler makes some improvements, it could be an above average OL.
    In other words:

Assuming all 5,000 "ifs" work out in the Lions' favor, they could be above average.
    Sounds like a typical Lions fan.

The Lions need each and every intangible to go right in order to have an above-average OL.

Newsflash: All 5,000 intangibles that Lions fans hold out for each year NEVER all pan out in the same year. Its simply not possible.

Either Backus will get injured, or Butler will not improve, or Woody won't return to form, or Kozier will continue to be nothing more than an average backup, or some combination of all the above.

The reality is If they don't replace at least TWO starting OL positions (one through a first round pick and one through free agency), they will continue to suck. End of story.

EDIT: And you forgot to mention "if Raoila grows 3 inches and gets longer arms" he could help them be an above average OL.
    Taymelo is blossoming at the right time.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread