+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coming soon: "DJ Hero"

Blog Entries

Coming soon: "DJ Hero"

You kids probably already know about this.

Report: Activision CEO confirms "DJ Hero"
    Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:58PM EST

Get ready to turn in your wireless axe, microphone and drum kit for a turntable and a pair of headphones.

That's the word from gaming blog Kotaku (via Eurogamer), which definitively confirms what had long been rumored: "DJ Hero" is indeed coming "later this year," complete with a turntable for "competitively" spinning and mixing tunes.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick let the news slip during a recent appearance on CNBC, according to Kotaku. Details are still scarce: Kotick is quoted saying that the "DJ Hero" turntable will, indeed, let you "play competitively and spin discs and mix songs," but that's about it for now.

The first "DJ Hero" rumors began swirling almost a year ago, after "Guitar Hero" publisher Activision filed a trademark for the game back in February 2008. The buzz flared up again in September, after anonymous sources confirmed the game (reportedly in development for more than two years) to both Kotaku and MTV Multiplayer.

Check out this Kotaku post from September for details on how the "DJ Hero" wireless controller is (or was, at least) shaping up, along with the early word on visuals (apparently, the distinctive, brightly-colored music blobs will stream around a virtual record, rather than down a guitar neck).

So, what do you think: Will the "Hero" series successfully make the jump from guitars to turntables? And are you ready to give "DJ Hero" a spin yourself?
    Find a new slant.

Someone has to end this. Any game that ends in "Hero" or "Band" needs to be discontinued before our society is completely destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I think I'll just down downstairs and mix on my 3 technics.

Or like when people are playing Guitar Hero, and I go downstairs and play on my real guitars.

Or like when people play COD, and I go outside with my submachine gun and start lobbing grenades in windows to scare people out of their houses.

Or like when people start playing Pitfall and I swing around my backyard jumping off crocodile heads.

Or like when people play PunchOut, and I beat their asses.

I've always dreamed of being able to spin like Samantha Ronson! Thank you Activision!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    I pictured you more as the Spinderella type.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    I think I'll just down downstairs and mix on my 3 technics.

Or like when people are playing Guitar Hero, and I go downstairs and play on my real guitars.

Or like when people play COD, and I go outside with my submachine gun and start lobbing grenades in windows to scare people out of their houses.

Or like when people start playing Pitfall and I swing around my backyard jumping off crocodile heads.

This is HOF worthy. Where is that thread?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    I got a huge laugh out of this line.
    _

They're starting to water this down a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread