+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuckey signs with adidas

Blog Entries

Stuckey signs with adidas

Looks like we've got a bust on our hands.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...38_soni18.html

Former Kentwood High star Rodney Stuckey, who was drafted No. 15 by Detroit, signed a multi-year shoe-endorsement deal with Adidas. Specific terms were not disclosed.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Prototype of The Stuckey I®

Find a new slant.

good one.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Oh Boy! Do you have any idea what this means? I have it on good information that in an unprecedented move, the NBA and NCAA collectively have allowed him to renounce himself from the Pistons and the NBA and go back to college, only since his ties with EWU have been severred, they are allowing him to play THIS SEASON at University of Michigan. The exception was made based on the new Martin-shoulda-thoughta-dis clause.

Further details are as follows: if UM fails to make it into the NCAA tournament (apparently Tre got in Stuckey's head about the NIT) he can join the Pistons after the Big Ten tournament for the remainder of their season. Likewise, if they fail to win the NBA championship, he can return next season to UM for his final year of eligibility.

Even more news here. Apparently he has contacted DePaul and the Michigan Hurricanes and is negotiating a buyout of Dar Tucker's LOI.

Dar and Stuckey in Maize and Blue! Feeeeeeeeeeel it!
    We had subs. It was crazy.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...38_soni18.html

Seattle Times -
    Sonics forward Kevin Durant scored the second-largest endorsement contract for an NBA rookie when he signed a seven-year, $60 million deal with Nike that included a $10 million signing bonus.

The Beaverton, Ore.-based shoe and apparel company and Durant's agent Aaron Goodwin confirmed the announcement Wednesday.

According to industry sources, Durant declined a seven-year, $70 million deal with Adidas that included a $12 million signing bonus largely because he has a long history with Nike dating to the eighth grade in Washington, D.C.

"At the end of the day, Kevin has been with Nike his whole career and he felt comfortable with them," Goodwin said. "He took the time to give Adidas the opportunity and they're a great company, but he chose the company that he's more familiar with. And we build brands on authenticity and it's more authentic for him to be somewhere where he wants to be and he's comfortable."

Durant's sneaker deal will include a signature shoe that will be unveiled after his rookie season.
    The Sonics will now win the next 7 championships.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    It's true.

Nike=Championships
    Find a new slant.

That's why UCLA could never get past Florida. Aaron Afflalo was rocking adidas. Now Stuckey as well. What a horrible draft. Please tell me Mejia has Jordan and Nike tattoos everywhere. It's our only hope. I heard Samb does yoga and has perfected a move in which he resembles a massive swoosh.

Blog Entries
    Jethro, are you taking happy pills or something?

You aren't your old bitter self anymore, funny and in a good mood?
    Find a new slant.

Damn, I got my daily fill of sarcasm in one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Jethro, are you taking happy pills or something?

You aren't your old bitter self anymore, funny and in a good mood?
    Happy pills? What are you talking about?

Hold on....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ok, I'm back. So what were we talking about again?

+ Reply to Thread