* PG- Anthony Johnson

Note: All are Unrestricted Free Agents

FINANCES

Last Years Payroll: 63.1 million
    Committed Payroll For '08-'09: 62.1 million

DRAFT STATUS

* Kings have the 12th, 42nd, and 45th picks in the upcoming draft

FREE AGENCY PRIORITIES

* Udrih's contract situation. He deserves a hefty pay raise, but it's possible his asking price could be mega outrageous.

* The only expiring contract we have is Ron Artest, so we don't have many trading chips, so if we're going to improve next season, it's going to be because of the development and growth of our young players (Martin, Garcia, Douby, Hawes, S. Williams)

TEAM STRENGTHS

* Finished the season winning 11 of their last 20 games
    * Have two sharp young shooters in Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia, both of whom established career highs in PPG

TEAM WEAKNESSES

* Inability to stay healthy (Martin, Reef, Kenny Thomas, Artest all missed significant time)

* Lousy front court play, it's obvious Mikki Moore wasn't worth that long-term deal, and Spencer Hawes is looking like a bust (avg. 4 and 3 in 71 gms)

CURRENT DEPTH CHART

C- Brad Miller/Mikki Moore/Spencer Hawes
    PF- Kenny Thomas/Shareef Abdur-Rahim/Shelden Williams
    SF- Ron Artest/John Salmons
    SG- Kevin Martin/Francisco Garcia
    PG- Quincy Douby

^^only includes those under contract for '08-'09

Why did the Kings take Batum? They traded away Hawes in the deal for Lowrey and their bigs were already bad. I think if they traded Artest, they would get a wing back. They do have Garcia that can play SF too. Seems like you could have got your SF in the early 2nd.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Why did the Kings take Batum? They traded away Hawes in the deal for Lowrey and their bigs were already bad. I think if they traded Artest, they would get a wing back. They do have Garcia that can play SF too. Seems like you could have got your SF in the early 2nd.

I tried to trade Artest to Glenn, but the deal 'fell through'...this season is strictly rebuild as we have a solid core to go forward with (Martin, Garcia, Douby, Salmons, Lowry, Batum) and it's pretty much a given Artest will be dealt at the deadline, and between Kenny Thomas, Reef, Brad Miller, Shelden Williams, DJ White and Mikki Moore all under contract for a couple more years, Spencer Hawes leaving is not a big deal...

he was pathetic anyway...now we can look to either resign Beno or spend the money elsewhere...

Between Brad Miller, Shareef and Kenny Thomas...that's 27 million coming off my books for 2010, the same year LeBron, Melo, Wade, Bosh ALL hit free agency...

nobody's gonna have more to spend than me

Blog Entries
    DEPTH CHART, POST DRAFT

C- Brad Miller/Mikki Moore/Shelden Williams

PF- Kenny Thomas/Shareef Abdur-Rahim/Richard Hendrix

SF- Ron Artest/Francisco Garcia/D.J. White

SG- Kevin Martin/John Salmons/Nicolas Batum

PG- Kyle Lowry/Quincy Douby

MISC. ROSTER NOTES

- Batum might stay overseas, obviously we don't need him this year but when Garcia's contract is up in 2010, we could easily S&T him if he keeps improving and then bring over Batum...

- Fuck Mikki Moore's stupid contract, why the fuck did Petrie give him that offer sheet?? I mean seriously, Mikki Moore??? Useless.

- Beno Udrih, your not getting the full MLE...

- Reef and Kenny Thomas need to give me a combined 80 games played between them...I swear these guys are made of loose-leaf paper, every year they get some chronic injury that forces them to miss 2/3rds of the season...
    Last edited by Wilfredo Ledezma; 06-24-2008 at 10:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread