+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade idea: NJ and Detroit

Trade idea: NJ and Detroit

New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn said his team still has to add another combo-guard type, but their primary free-agent target – Jannero Pargo, late of the New Orleans Hornets – figures to be out of their price range. The Nets are likely to fill this vacancy with a player who falls through the cracks next month.
    Detroit trades:
    Flip Murray

NJ Trades:
    Josh Boone
    Mile Ilic

For us, we cut Ilic straight off. We get a big man in Boone. He averages 3 points and 1.6 reboundds in 11 minutes of play. However, in the bigger minutes he has played for example 35 minutes against Indy, he got 22 points, both being career highs. However, I don't think he's very strong. His career high is 12 rebounds with 2 blocks. Boone wouldn't be a starter, but he should be able to get decent minutes at the 5.

Well the Nets want a combo guard. Flip murray fits the mold. Boone shouldn't be looking at too many minutes anyways, with Magloire,Kristic, Jason Collins, and Sean Williams.

They're still high on Boone. We'd need to give next years 1st.

Blog Entries
    Ilic is a 7'1" center, don't think we'd be cutting him.

Boone is an ugly ass motherfucker, so I'd pass on this deal.
    Find a new slant.

Murray is going to be worthless here anyway. Might as well take a chance on Ilic if he can do something worthwhile.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If the pistons decide to keep Flip around I actually may be one of the few people that thinks Murray may actually help this team next year.

He was forced to play out of position for much of last year which will not happen in 07/08. He'll be strictly a 2 (thanks to the addition of stuckey and if hunter sticks around)where he'll be a points off the bench kinda guy, something this team still needs (we're relying too much on the rookies to be guys that can score)

He's also still relatively young and in a contract year and we all know that helps empower certain players towards having career seasons.

If he sticks around, I'm guessing he'll have a great start to the season and will significantly increase his trade value come deadline time.

But I'm still hoping he's gone before training camp.....

I don't know. If he's paired with Stuckey I think Flip will still run the point. he has more experience in the offense. I think Flip would be used as a point and Stuckey would have more of the scoring SG role.

Also, both those guys are far better with the ball in their hands. Neither one is a spot up shooter. So I think their skills are wasted if they are playing at the same time.

Now, I wouldn't mind Flip simply buying time for Stuckey to get acclimated. But I think once Stuckey gets settled in and confident that Flip will have no role at all. Their games simply overlap too much.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I don't know. If he's paired with Stuckey I think Flip will still run the point. he has more experience in the offense. I think Flip would be used as a point and Stuckey would have more of the scoring SG role.

Also, both those guys are far better with the ball in their hands. Neither one is a spot up shooter. So I think their skills are wasted if they are playing at the same time.

Now, I wouldn't mind Flip simply buying time for Stuckey to get acclimated. But I think once Stuckey gets settled in and confident that Flip will have no role at all. Their games simply overlap too much.
    That's an interesting point. I never thought they'd actually consider running murray at the point if he's ever paired with stuckey. To me it would seem logical to put stucky in that position since he appears to be more capable of both establishing tempo and creating opportunities for others. Murray is putrid at both which makes me think he may have more success if when given the rock as a #2 he'll only be asked to create for himself.

Then again Flip Saunders is calling the shots which means all logic is thrown out the window. He is an asshole.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds...actually I take that back. It won't be interesting because murray sucks donkey balls. I'm just hoping he plays out of his ass for a period of time that enables the pistons to get something in return.

Hopefully Murray sees dollar signs in his future (contract year) and busts his butt. Either to help us or get traded as you mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread