+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush

I am sick of the pub this guys gets.

Yes...he is fast...faster than most.
    Yes...he BLOWS up once in a while.

However, he FINIALLY played a defense with speed to match up and he looked average and was outshined by his teammate. Now, the guy has speed that is unmatched (by anyone not named DeAngelo Hall) but I cannot wait to see this guy get eaten up by NFL defenses. Give me Lendale White over Bush ANY FUCKING DAY OF THE DAMN WEEK!!! ANYDAY! If you watch the game and actually look at what is going on...this is what I see. I see Reggie Bush getting yards IF he can get through the line of scrimmage and go 3-4 yards without getting hit. Then 40% of the time he will make the #1 guy miss or break the tackle. However, when he gets hit AT/OR around the line of scrimmage the guy is useless. He does not shed tackles like LenDale White, Adrian Peterson or Deangelo Williams has the ability to do.

I still think he'll be a great back. He reminds me a little of Warrick Dunn, but with better hands. If he gets in an offense that uses the RB as a pass cathcer a lot (ie Faulk in St Louis) he could be a monster. If he went to a team that simply used him as a full time rusher he might not hold up (ie Eddie George, though they are different styles). Used properly, he could be a huge weapon.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I still think he'll be a great back. He reminds me a little of Warrick Dunn, but with better hands. If he gets in an offense that uses the RB as a pass cathcer a lot (ie Faulk in St Louis) he could be a monster. If he went to a team that simply used him as a full time rusher he might not hold up (ie Eddie George, though they are different styles). Used properly, he could be a huge weapon.
    I think that is his only shot. If someone uses him like Warrick Dunn..however I dont know if he will be able to hold up and run like Dunn can. I do not see enough between that tackles with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I think that is his only shot. If someone uses him like Warrick Dunn..however I dont know if he will be able to hold up and run like Dunn can. I do not see enough between that tackles with this guy.
    Well, to be fair, the Colts barely run between the tackles. They use the stretch play a lot. Bush could be lethal on draw plays (like Bryson is, lol), stretch plays, screens, etc. But I agree that whoever drafts him better use him properly. Don't pull a Millen and not match your system to the players' strengths.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

White is not a better runner or better at catching the ball out of the backfield than Bush. He is a better short yardage runner.

Bush reminds me of Marshall Faulk a lot. Very shifty and catches everything thrown his way, more durability at this point of their careers.

The D plan for Texas was designed to shut down Bush. Hence White having a big game. Not taking anything from White, but White and Bush are total opposites.

Pete lost the game with his play calling at certain points, but to be honest....he called it the same way as winning 34 in a row so you cant really fault him for calling the plays that he did.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Re: Reggie Bush

However, he FINIALLY played a defense with speed to match up and he looked average and was outshined by his teammate. Now, the guy has speed that is unmatched (by anyone not named DeAngelo Hall) but I cannot wait to see this guy get eaten up by NFL defenses. Give me Lendale White over Bush ANY FUCKING DAY OF THE DAMN WEEK!!! ANYDAY! If you watch the game and actually look at what is going on...this is what I see. I see Reggie Bush getting yards IF he can get through the line of scrimmage and go 3-4 yards without getting hit. Then 40% of the time he will make the #1 guy miss or break the tackle. However, when he gets hit AT/OR around the line of scrimmage the guy is useless. He does not shed tackles like LenDale White, Adrian Peterson or Deangelo Williams has the ability to do.
    Ok, it sounds to me like someone hasn't seen much Bush. Take that either way you want. I've seen runs where Reggie regularly sheds at least 5 tackles. He does it differently thatn White though. White will blow through arm tackles. Bush will spin free of them. Different styles completely. Here's my take, neither one is as successful without the other one there and without USC's system. Defenses have to stay honest at all times with that team. You crowd the box, they go through the air to Smith or Jerrett. What do you plan to stop, speed or power? That goes a long way in determining what personel and scheme you use. If USC picks it up, they go the other way. Lendale White certainly matches up better against some defenses, but Bush matches up better against others. I think White should declare for the draft now. If he remains at USC as the featured back, teams will be able to key in on him more and some weaknesses will be exposed.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34

Ok, it sounds to me like someone hasn't seen much Bush. Take that either way you want. I've seen runs where Reggie regularly sheds at least 5 tackles. He does it differently thatn White though. White will blow through arm tackles. Bush will spin free of them. Different styles completely. Here's my take, neither one is as successful without the other one there and without USC's system. Defenses have to stay honest at all times with that team. You crowd the box, they go through the air to Smith or Jerrett. What do you plan to stop, speed or power? That goes a long way in determining what personel and scheme you use. If USC picks it up, they go the other way. Lendale White certainly matches up better against some defenses, but Bush matches up better against others. I think White should declare for the draft now. If he remains at USC as the featured back, teams will be able to key in on him more and some weaknesses will be exposed.
    I have seen Bush play against Fresno State...UCLA...Texas and Oregon. I see the same thing EVERY DAMN GAME! He gets upfield 3-4 yards without being hit then freezes people in the open field. There is no debate about it...Watch last nights game over again. The guy could not do that and when he did get up field without getting hit he made texas look slow and average. The problem is that an NFL defense will not allow him to get through the line like that unless he can get to Seattle or Kansas City.

Say what you want Jethro. I have WATCHED and DISECTED his games because I have have seen this all year with him...he gets past the line every time without contact then makes people look like slow high school kids in the open field. Sorta like what Dante Hall does to people when you allow him to return a punt. Same thing that Peter Warrick did when he would catch a slant in college. We have seen guys make those moves in college and not be able to translate that into the pro game.

Do me a favor...watch last nights game really close. If you have it on Tivo and watch the way Bush gets his yards...

Say what you want Jethro. I have WATCHED and DISECTED his games because I have have seen this all year with him...he gets past the line every time without contact then makes people look like slow high school kids in the open field. Sorta like what Dante Hall does to people when you allow him to return a punt. Same thing that Peter Warrick did when he would catch a slant in college. We have seen guys make those moves in college and not be able to translate that into the pro game.
    How many times did Barry get touched before the line in college (I'm asking since I didn't see him much there)? What about Faulk? Maybe Bush is so quick he hits the holes before the D can close them. It won't be the same in the pros of course, but you can't say he won't be able to do that either. All it takes is a few good holes and he can bust one the distance. Lions fans should know that first hand. You can win getting no yards 3 times and break one for 60. Or you can get 6 yards every time and never break one. Both ways win.

Fine he sheds tackles but too bad he can't fricking run between the offensive tackles for shit. Every highlight he has is about him bouncing it to the outside. You think he will hit the corner as often in the Pro's as he does now.

media created hype....I am so sick of hearing how he was the greatest ever. he wasn't even the greatest USC back ever let alon all of NCAA.

You're both right.

What made Bush so great was that there WERE holes in the D line. The holes were there because teams couldn't stack their line due to Byrd, Smith, Jarrett and, of course, Leinart. Too many weapons to spread the D too thin.

Bush, if placed in the right situation, will be a really good NFL player. I still think Jerome Harrison of WashState will evenually become the Tiki Barber of whatever team he plays for (1900 yards in the Pac10 ain't too bad).

+ Reply to Thread