+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: S&T Sheed for Turkoglu?

Chuck said Turk or the other guy would have to go.
    Players meeting my ASS!

How muc would anyone give Turk as a starting salary?

$8 mil? That's a lot of coin in this market for a swingman.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    He's playing like he's worth $8m or more.

I don't care what position he plays if he can ball.

Aren't you the "acquire assets and make trades later" guy?
    Find a new slant.

How long of a contract would you be willing to give him? If you pay him $8mil a year for 5 years, at the end of that deal we'll probably be stuck with a guy making a lot more than he's worth. If it's $8mil a year for 2-3 years then it'd be a solid deal. Move Tay+ for a big man (Bosh, Amare?).

Just to throw the scenario out there, if we signed Turkleglue, traded Rip for Haywood and the pick (we'll say #2 or #4), traded Tay and Amir for a big, here's what we'd be looking at.

PG: #2 (Rubio) or Stuckey/Bynum
    SG: #4 (Harden) or Stuckey/AA
    SF: Turkoglu/#15
    PF: Amare or Bosh/Max
    C: Haywood/Kwame

We have Turkoglu for as long as he's still playing like a stud while #15 gets a chance to develop. We'd have Stuckey developing alongside Rubio or Harden. Haywood is still fairly young, as are Amare and Bosh. Max moves back to his bench energy role and we're set with Bynum as our 3rd guard with AA as the bench defender working on his shot. That team is very young and could develop together with the right guidance (I know, I know).

Highly unlikely, but I'd be more than happy with that outcome. Plus, I do believe we'd still have cap room left over, although we'd probably save it to resign whatever big we traded for, plus we'd be looking to resign Haywood and Bynum since they're expiring.
    _

I'd want Turk only if we moved Tay for an elite big. There isn't really another senario I would want him.

Supposing we did a deal with Tay/Amir for the big, I would do the S&T with Sheed/Turk. Then I'd sign Lee to play along side the big we traded for. I would be willing to include #15 if the deal were for Bosh or Amare. I'd also be willing to trade RIP for #2 and Haywood as well, but it's not required.

I'm not sure we'd have the space for Lee with those trades though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking about trying to come up with at least one different trade idea a week, but there are so many possibilities, I can't keep up.
    Find a new slant.

GD- it's impossible to post every idea.

I don't go a day without thinking of some other move, or combinations of moves that change the team completely.

As for me being the "acquire assets and trade later guy" that's true - when we're talking about Draftees.

Would you go and spend $8 million on a bench SF when you have a starter making $10 million and when neither of them play SG or PF?

That's crazy, especially when you can get a perfectly capable bench SF for less than $5 million who can also spend time at SG.

I want Joe to spend, but spend wisely. Going crazy and spending stupid money on Boozer or anyone else for that matter would piss me off.

Spread the money around and "get as many assets as we can" moving forward so come the trade deadline we do have a package that could entice Toronto or Phoenix to part with Bosh or Amare.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread