+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orlando Magic Draft Thread

Orlando Magic Draft Thread

2008 Draft Picks: 1st Round - #22

RFA's: C-James Augutine

UFA's: PG/SG-Keyon Dooling, PG-Carlos Arroyo, SG/SF-MO Evans, C-Adonal Foyle, PF-Pat Garrity

Current Roster (RFA's Included)
    PG - Jameer Nelson
    SG - Keith Bogans - J.J. Redick
    SF - Hedo Turkoglu
    PF - Rashard Lewis - Tony Battie - Brian Cook
    C - Dwight Howard - James Augustine - Marcin Gortat

Team Outlook: Our 3, 4 and 5 positions are solid. A decision will have to be made next year when Hedo assuringly will opt out of his contract, sign him, trade him or let him go and move Lewis to the 3-spot. Dooling would be a smart re-sign, but at what cost. J.J. Redick may be forced into duty, with only one pick in the draft and team needs aplenty the former Duke star just may get his shot.

Team Needs: A true PF, more talented guards so Redick won't sniff the floor and a decent back-up to Nelson.

Anybody know if a team is under the cap by say 5 mil, does said team still have the MLE and their allowed sap space.

nope. you never have the MLE and cap space.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    hey jturbo, from what I've read so far, Adonal Foyle opted out of his deal, and Keith Bogans exercised his player option...

just so you know what your dealing with...

Man, not that I really care about Adonal Foyle and all, but I can't find anywhere that says he has a player option. Shit this may ruin my fucking credibility.

Blog Entries
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...lter_teams=ORL

Magic big man Adonal Foyle is expected to opt out of his contract in the next few days, while guard Keith Bogans, who can also opt out, is likely to re-up with the team for next season.

Foyle's option is only for 1.2 million, so it's not a big deal either way, personally, if I were a GM, I wouldn't sign Foyle at 1.2 anyway...

Otis Smith should be happy...

I like CDR there. Can play either wing spot and is a good defender (something they don't have on the wing).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Yeah, CDR is who I was targeting all along for the Magic. They have a lot of holes, which I'll discuss later.

**For anyone that wants to give J.J. Redick a shot, I'll trade him for a 2nd round pick and a pack of zig-zags.**

+ Reply to Thread