+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Telfair as a Piston (old thread)

I want Telfair as a Piston (old thread)

Now that Telfair is free to go where he wants, I want the Pistons to jump on it. I'd love to have Telfair as our backup point guard and have him learn under Chauncey. I don't think Telfair is just another punk after this gun thing. I watched a long documentary on him, his life, and his relationship with his brother. I think he made a mistake and Detroit would be the perfect team for him. He'd be a great addition and he would have veterans around him to lead him in the right direction.

ESPN reported the release and they said that many teams will come calling because the kid can play. I hope Detroit is one of them.

unlike hermy, i also think this guy has a ton of god given talent.

i dont like the idea of him being our primary backup though. not at all. fighting blaylock for 3 rd string sounds good. i dont think he'll ever be a true pg.

Why would you want him if you don't like him at PG? If he has a ton of "god given" talent, what exactly IS it?
    He isn't even six feet tall (though he's listed at 6'0), so again, if not at PG, WHERE? Maybe at center? Just think, if he's a center, his best attribute would be that the center he's guarding wouldn't be able to see him. He might be able to get a few steals that way.
    There would also have to be a new foul, called the "Telfair", where you get stepped on instead of charged into.
    Geez, just another New York playground legend who was better in the hood than in the League.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

People keep talking about him and saying everyone peaks at some point. He peaked at 17.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    unlike hermy, i also think this guy has a ton of god given talent.

i dont like the idea of him being our primary backup though. not at all. fighting blaylock for 3 rd string sounds good. i dont think he'll ever be a true pg.
    Oh I totally believe he's a point guard. I don't think he's another Starbury. He plays like a point. Just like many others, he needs some guidance and the right situation.

He ain't shit. Why do people talk about this scrub so much.
    Hype?

hes going to land on the same team as darko, and atleast a few 'experts' are going to have them winning 15 games more than they should

what can i say, im a sucker for talent and giving guys second chances. and im going to have to disagree with everyone but tre, it seems. anyone with bastian's first step should have a place in this league. i think his development has been derailed to the point that he probably doesnt have much hope left of ever making it. but if rashad phillips doesnt have a place in the nba, where is telfair's? at this point, i'd bring in phillips from ? over telfair. but like i said, i wouldnt mind giving him a chance to beat out blaylock for our 3rd pg spot.

How romantic, you call him Bastian!
    I'm OK with giving guys second chances, and having talent as well. Telfair isn't talented enough to warrant a second chance. Worrying about who will be the third string point guard would prbably be classified as worrying WAY TOO MUCH about anything, diddy.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Can we get Rodney White too, can we, can we please?

<groan>

I know of no player who is an average distributor, average shooter, awful defender, and compensates for his sub 6 foot size with blazing speed. There are little guys in this league, but not like that. He may have a Chucky Atkins career, but I'm not chancing that after the guy just got a gun charge. That's a move for a desperate/foolish franchise, not one with more players than roster spots come next year.

+ Reply to Thread