View Poll Results: Do you want Joe to give Ben the vet's minimum to return to the Pistons?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep Yep

17 80.95%
  • Nope

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Ben back?

Blog Entries

Do you want Ben back?

Get ready folks...

Suns complete buyout of Wallace

Paul Coro
    The Arizona Republic

Ben Wallace was gone before he was here.

The Suns completed a contract buyout Monday for Wallace, whom they acquired for such financial motivation in the Shaquille O'Neal trade in June. The Suns negotiated a $10 million buyout for a contract that would have paid him $14 million this season.

The Suns could save $8 million as a result of the buyout, because next season's payroll projects to exceed a $69.9 million luxury-tax threshold, kicking in a dollar-for-dollar penalty for the excess.

The O'Neal deal with Cleveland ultimately could be worth $18 million to the Suns in payroll and tax savings if the other acquired player, Sasha Pavlovic, is waived. He has only $1.5 million guaranteed in a $4.95 million salary but could be an attractive trade chip.

Wallace, 34, was expected to accept a buyout after saying this off-season that he was considering retirement. Last season, he suffered injuries and appeared far less athletic than in 2006, when he was named the NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

The ability to buy out Wallace was tied into the Suns' free-agency pursuits of forward Grant Hill and big man Channing Frye. Hill will receive his two-year, $6.24 million contract today, also when Frye is introduced as the newest Suns player.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Ben gives up $4m in salary in his buyout and we have a nice tidy $4m in cap room available.

Coincidence?

IT'S MARKETING BABY!!
    Find a new slant.

Unless he's interested in a 1 year deal, I'm not interested. Even then, there would be other options I would explore first.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd gladly take Ben back for a 1 year deal.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I think Mason's head might explode if this happens.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilson
    I'd gladly take Ben back for a 1 year deal.
    Find a new slant.

out of all the remaining candidates, why is Ben Wallace not a good option?

He brings exactly what this team lacks. Not in the same abundance as he did before, but he still has those qualities.

Blog Entries
    I actually agree.

It would be nice to get him at the vet's minimum, though.
    Find a new slant.

I think he's still a 10+ rpg and 2+block per game player if he gets his usual starters' minutes. I'd love to get him at a discount, but he warrents as much as any of the other options.

It would essentially be another Kwame (contract and everything). If we don't fill the whole another way, we need another Kwame.
    Last edited by Fool; 07-14-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread