+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves Draft Thread

Minnesota Timberwolves Draft Thread

2008 Draft Picks: 1st Round - #3
    2nd Round - #31 & #34

RFA's: SF/PF-Ryan Gomes, SG/SF-Kirk Snyder, PG-Sebastian Telfair, PF-Craig Smith & C-Chris Richard

UFA's: C-Michael Doleac

Current Roster (RFA's Included)
    PG - Randy Foye - Sebastian Telfair
    SG - Marko Jaric - Rashad McCants - Greg Buckner
    SF - Corey Brewer - Kirk Snyder
    PF - Ryan Gomes - Craig Smith - Antoine Walker
    S - Al Jefferson - Chris Richard

Team Outlook: Al Jefferson is a budding superstar, point guard Randy Foye is a young and exciting player and small forward Corey Brewer is another player with a high ceiling. Re-signing a player like Gomes would probably be a wise decision, he can pose a match-up problem for most teams. If any team would like Marko Jaric and his contract CALL ME!!

Team Needs: Size and outside shooting.

T-Wolves are selecting OJ Mayo-SG-USC. Mayo is a true triple threat player, that can also D-up. We still have some work to do in this draft, but this is not a one year solution for us. This re-building project will go into next years draft for sure.

Hmm. I honestly don't think they'll take Mayo but instead Brook Lopez. A goodlocking 5 who can compliment Al jefferson and give Ryan Gomes the 6th man job. They already got Foye,Jaric,Telfair and McCants to run the point. none are very good but foye's got potential and jaric will be hard to move.

I look at B. Lopez as a sloth, I'm not interested in him with this particular team. Al Jefferson does need a center beside him for sure, but an athletic one IMO. Lopez is too flat footed to go along with Al. I don't think the Wolves should draft for JUST position need, they need star talent and Mayo is certainly that. I would let Telfair go also and Jaric can sit the pine for all I care.(if not traded). A three guard rotation of Foye, Mayo, and McCants looks good for a rebuilding team.

I don't think McCants is a point guard, and I'm sure they are trying like hell to move Jaric's contract.
    Foye/Mayo/Telfair
    Mayo/McCants/Jaric

looks pretty good to me.

I can't stand Brook Lopez and hope he falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Hmm. I honestly don't think they'll take Mayo but instead Brook Lopez. A goodlocking 5 who can compliment Al jefferson and give Ryan Gomes the 6th man job. They already got Foye,Jaric,Telfair and McCants to run the point. none are very good but foye's got potential and jaric will be hard to move.
    Cross is made you stole his pick I guess

BTW, where is the Seattle thread? You've got 45 minutes to pick Cross.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    BTW, where is the Seattle thread? You've got 45 minutes to pick Cross.
    So even though he is scheduled from 3pm to 5pm he'll get hosed if he doesn't pick early?

There might be people that are planning on popping in during their scheduled time to draft, only to find out that they are actually too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    So even though he is scheduled from 3pm to 5pm he'll get hosed if he doesn't pick early?

There might be people that are planning on popping in during their scheduled time to draft, only to find out that they are actually too late.
    No, I looked at the wrong slot when trying to convert the time difference. My bad.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

With my two second round picks Minnesota decided to go with C-Nathan Jawai and SF-Davon Jefferson. I just saw Ford's newest mock and it's funny I almost selected what he thought. He went with Jawai and Hardin, two centers, a good idea for the Wolves. Though the potential of Jefferson was too great IMO, he can sit in the D-League for a year or two. Brewer may not work out at the SF spot and even if he does I don't see the Wolves re-signing Snyder after this next season.

Jawai could stay over-seas, but I would bring him over and eventually start him as the season wore on. He's big, athletic and loves the physical game and is not foul prone, a big key IMO for a young player.

This is not a one year fix for the T-Wolves, it would benefit them to stay in the bottom 10 of the NBA next year (probably not that hard to accomplish), if not they would owe their 2009 1st rounder to the Clips. That pick is top 10 protected til 2011 and then un-protected in 2012. They will receive Miami's first if the Heat finish outside the bottom 10 in 09', which I expect the Heat to do. The Wolves will most assuringly receive Boston's 1st rounder also in 09', it's only top 3 protected.

I would give qualifying offers to all my RFA's, except Telfair. I would re-sign Gomes, he's a good valuable young player off the bench.

The future is bright in Minnesota.
    2008-2009 Line-up:
    PG: Foye/ Jaric
    SG: Mayo/ McCants/ Buckner
    SF: Brewer/ Snyder
    PF: A. Jefferson/ Gomes/ C. Smith
    C: Jawai/ Richard
    13th: A. Walker - PF/SF
    14th: Madsen - C?PF
    15th: D. Jefferson - SF/D-League

+ Reply to Thread