+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Blacks infatuation with UM

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow View Post
    I feel that people like you are why America is declining. You are so obsessed with being tolerant, multicultural and diverse that you lose all sense of perspective and reality. I understand that you and your perspective are way more en vogue than mine today, however, that does not ameliorate the fact you are comically wrong and I am stoically right.
    I'm fine with talking about this.

There's nothing about PC or not PC here. I don't even try to accuse you personally of being a racist.

However you make this blanket statement based on race. Where are your facts to support this? Do you have some sort of evidence that Detroit HS coaches are blindly following UofM based on nothing more than their own beliefs and that they think it's better for black students? Do you have anything at all to support your claim?

Forget any big picture or political ramifications, let's just deal with the issue. You brought up race. You then make statements that are clearly based on race alone. Who cares what the statements themselves are, can you back that up? If not your arguments are specious (see, I can use big words too) and without any real merit to them.

Please, if I'm comically wrong, feel free to show why I'm wrong. Support your blanket claims with argumentation, fact and data where possible and then feel free to throw in a good Q.E.D. to really pedantically hit home your point (hell, make sure you put it in the full Latin AND translate it).

Actually let's get big picture here. You say that the "Great Welfare State" is what's ruining this country. Back that up. Show me how and where that's the case. Give me real data from unbiased sources on how that's true. I can have some beers and spout shit too. But arguments need to have some validity. They need to have something behind it. And personal observation when discussing a society is not even close to enough.

And if that's how you feel America is declining, all right for you. However I believe that America is declining because people on every side of any argument have decided that emotional blanket statements without any real proof of their arguments are way more interesting than discussion and consensus. I find America is declining because discussion is being substituted with the insult and the rah rah cheer.

Blog Entries
    bukky's favorite chess set

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DE View Post
    I think about one of Swami's last posts. It was something about how the negativity and tone here was just against his Buddhist way of life and that was a problem (and I'm paraphrasing here).

I miss there being lots of posters and debate here. I really just miss there being lots of posters and discussion.

However with your last two posts, feel free at least from my perspective, to never come back and post if you want. Don't get me wrong, you can come here with your racist rants all you want. If that's what you wish to publish then by all means go for it. And this is the internet after all, who you really are may not be this at all, this could just be some fun (for you) made-up persona you have going.

But just know that from this poster's perspective, and granted I'm the least of the posters here, you're welcome to leave and never come back. Your last two posts are simply sad. Not even disgusting, just sad. I'm probably giving them too much credit just by writing this.
    Wait, what??

Well, let me qualify that. It may not have been one of his last posts. It was a post in a political thread. The tone was getting pretty serious to not say mean and he mentioned that the tone of the discussion meant he would be leaving that thread.

+ Reply to Thread