+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: NHL News, yo?

Quote Originally Posted by DE View Post
    I don't mean this personally but I can't get that. I mean if you tell me you'd rather watch the NBA game that was on ESPN I can understand that. Well, I guess I can understand you saying that you'd just not watch anything. But personally I like watching good games of just about any sport.
    Hockey has lost ALL of its luster to me. Maybe its that Howie sucks so bad that I know we won't win. We can get to the playoffs and maybe win a series or 2 but we aren't going to win with him between the pipes. He gives up too many feebies.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Tortorella's an awesome example of how losing your cool makes you look the bad guy. I know this because I sometimes think I've written the book on this particular fuck-up.

He of course had no choice but to line up his fourth line. I'm not going too far into my views of fighting in the NHL (I think it can be killed but done the right way) but in today's NHL there's no doubt that if the other coach lines up his goon squad you'd be an idiot to put out your top skill players. You put out a matching line and just roll the dice. You have to protect your team.

But if he shuts the fuck up and just goes all calm and insightful after the game he could have made Heartly look like an asshole. That dude gets blamed for that move instead of looking the better of the two and maybe more people would notice that this would be more about idiot Bill Burke (which only Ken Daniels of all people touched on, the national hockey press rivals the Detroit sports press in total fucking uselessness). I mean the guy trades for a goon and tells everyone that it's toughness that's going to win. Because, you know, that's the biggest reason Chicago, L.A., Anaheim and San Jose lead the west and the league. Fuck talent. Burke should go all out and get the fucking Hanson Brothers! Old time hockey!

Blog Entries
    Ballin'!

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

Blog Entries
    Or should I say puckin'? LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I do like that letter "V" in the logo, and the "Vegas Knights" thing is kinda clever, too.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seger
    Wish they played in Hollywood
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Blue Jackets have won 16 in a row, NTAGAS.

+ Reply to Thread