View Poll Results: Spurs -vs- Suns: Who wins?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spurs

3 50.00%
  • Suns

3 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: OST: Western Conference Quarterfinals: (3) San Antonio vs. (6) Phoenix, SA WINS 4-1

Blog Entries
    That was some bush league coaching by Pop with all the hack-a-x in the first quarter.

Way to give your fans something entertaining to watch.

I don't care how successful you think that "strategy" might be, it's disrespectful to the game, especially in the first quarter.

Okay, time for my Hornets to shock the world.
    Find a new slant.

I thought the Bobcats were your team.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Caught once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    That was some bush league coaching by Pop with all the hack-a-x in the first quarter.

I don't care how successful you think that "strategy" might be, it's disrespectful to the game, especially in the first quarter.

I agree that there's no "honor" in the hax strategy but allow me to play devil's advocate on the question...

If you're a spurs fan are you truly upset that your coach does whatever it takes for the playoff win?

The player with the garbage freethrow shooting shares at least equal blame. A pro that can't eke out 60% at the line is pretty pathetic. The rarity of the hax strategy has more to do with the fact that most professionals can hit enough free throws to negate it than with a lack of coaches who'd exploit it.

Lastly, the overall impact of it is a little overblown. Using the worst freethrow shooter in nba history, Ben Wallace as an example Hollinger pointed out that there's about a 15% difference in expected points per possession for Cleveland if Washington goes to hack-a-ben. An edge but not an overwhelming one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I thought the Bobcats were your team.
    They are my new #2 team, yes.

I predicted a Hornets/Celtics final, and since there is no conflict in pulling for the Hornets as a Pistons fan, I will do so.

I also am a Chris Paul fan and want to see him do well.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

I actually have no problem with the hacking stuff. You're an NBA superstar and you can't hit 3/4 of your free throws? Shame on you. You get paid 20 million bucks a year to make baskets and you can't do that from 15 feet with no defense? You deserve to suffer.

And I felt that way about Ben too. Get in the gym and fix it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread