+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philly (#21) - Sixers select Tiago Splitter

Check your PMs

Philly (#21) - Sixers select Tiago Splitter

Another pick for Philly at #21.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 4:45 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Philly's pick in our mock draft.

Players selected so far: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9551

Best available players: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9601

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Andre Miller
    Samuel Dalembert
    Kyle Korver
    Kevin Ollie
    Steven Hunter
    Willie Green
    Andre Iguodala
    Rodney Carney
    Bobby Jones
    Shavlick Randolph exercised his option yesterday

No longer with team
    Chris Webber ($19.1m)
    Aaron McKie (amnesty, $7m)
    Greg Buckner ($2.08m)

Team options
    Louis Williams ($770K)
    Louis Amundson ($687K)

Free agents
    Joe Smith (UFA)
    Alan Henderson (UFA)

Picks in this draft
    #12 - Julian Wright
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Philly is an interesting team, they showed some life towards the end of last year, but I still don't classify them as a team to be taken serioulsy to be a playoff contender. Rodney Carney looked like a bit of a bust last year, Anyway, I think they desperatley need to go big. They lose Joe Smith, for whatever thats worth, but he's still a body. Samuel Dalembert hasn't done shit since he signed his big contract. And obvioulsy C-Webb is gone. Iguodala is poised for a HUGE season next year now that it's his team. I like Andre Miller running the point, and a healthy Willie Green could be interesting to keep an eye on too. They need a big badly, that being said the Philadelphia 76ers select Glen Davis

07-08

C- Dalembert
    PF- *Free Agent Signing*
    SF- Iggy
    SG- Green
    PG- Miller

Bn- Julian Wright, Louis Williams, Carney, Korver, Shavlik, Glen Davis and all the rest of those D- "NBA" players.

Green is a scorer, Igoudala is a slasher, Andre Miller is a setup, they need some oustide shooting.

76ers select Daequan Cook
    Destiny

I agree PF is the position of need now. There are a few options here. They can take Splitter and maybe wait a year for him. They can take Davis who would compliment Dalembert nicely. Or they could go for Fazekus as well. With 3 first rounders and a pretty early 2nd rounder, I think they can afford to take a guy and wait a year on him. Wright may be able to play some backup PF anyway.

The Sixers select Tiago Splitter
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Sixers select - Tiago Splitter

Blog Entries
    This is where I thought Splitter would end up (either here or to PHX at 24) since both teams have a plethora of picks this year.

Good value pick here.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Green is a scorer, Igoudala is a slasher, Andre Miller is a setup, they need some oustide shooting.

76ers select Daequan Cook
    Korver off the bench. I alwyas thought Korver would start forever as a Sixers...

I think they take a SG to move Korver to the bench as well. I just think they can get Cook or another SG later in the first.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread