Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wilcox now a starter

Blog Entries

Wilcox now a starter

Pistons insert Chris Wilcox into starting lineup

TED KULFAN
    The Detroit News

Chicago -- Now, Chris Wilcox gets his chance.

In the revolving door that is the Pistons' four-man spot, Wilcox replaces Jason Maxiell, who replaced Jonas Jerebko last week.

Stuck in a 12-game losing streak, coach John Kuester said finding the right mix is crucial.

"When you're in this type of situation, you have try to find the right formula," Kuester said after the Pistons' morning shootaround. "We have to play consistently hard for 48 minutes.

"Chris deserves an opportunity just as any number of these guys. Nobody has set themselves apart (at that position). Chris deserves a chance. He has good athleticism, he can rebound, runs the floor extremely well."

Wilcox had 12 points and six rebounds off the bench Jan. 5 in Dallas, giving Kuester the type of spark he's been searching for.

Said Wilcox: "Hopefully I can bring some energy like coach is looking for. Try to set some screens and be active on defense and get the team into transition. Just continue to play hard."
    I assume that this corresponds to the switch to "uptempo" basketball.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    who thinks CV will become the Pistons starting PF anytime soon?...the Pistons spend 100 mil $ on 2 bench guys...

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Yea CV needs to start. The PF next o Wallace HAS TO BE A SCORER. It makes things easier for everyone. Honestly I'd take any "score first, everything else second" PF to come ff the bench after CV if one was available. Also I appreciate that Kuester isn't promising anyone that this is the final roster...lol
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

CV is half a complete player... which should equate to the MLE

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    With his plantar fasciitis, he's more like 20% of a complete player... which should equate to him not playing because he's sucking so bad.

How quickly people forget...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I think CV was a fine choice at the price. But he's injured now and playing him now is seemingly just going to make it worse. Long term, yessir, he should be starting. But not now.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I think CV was a fine choice at the price. But he's injured now and playing him now is seemingly just going to make it worse. Long term, yessir, he should be starting. But not now.
    Well let the guy rest.

I wonder if Maxiell is enough to throw out in order to get tim thomas from the mavs. Yea Tim Thomas, he can score points and i gotta aim low at maxiell's value.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    You know it's bad when Gutz is coming up with trade ideas.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Yea CV needs to start. The PF next o Wallace HAS TO BE A SCORER. It makes things easier for everyone. Honestly I'd take any "score first, everything else second" PF to come ff the bench after CV if one was available. Also I appreciate that Kuester isn't promising anyone that this is the final roster...lol
    How bout Austin Daye.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread