+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Upcoming Movies Thread

Official Upcoming Movies Thread

We'll add this as a compliment to the "Movie Review Thread."

There are a ton of potential blockbusters coming out this summer. Here's a partial list of the big movies coming Summer 2008:

May:
    May 2: Iron Man

May 9: Speed Racer, What Happens in Vegas

May 16: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

May 22: Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

May 30: Sex in the City, The Strangers

June:
    June 6: Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan

June 13: The Happening, The Incredible Hulk

June 20: Get Smart, The Love Guru

June 27: WALL-E, Wanted

July
    July 2: Hancock

July 11: Meet Dave, Hellboy II: The Golden Army

July 18: The Dark Knight

July 25: Step Brothers, The X-Files

August
    August 1: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, He's Just Not That into You
    August 8: Pineapple Express

August 15: Tropic Thunder, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

August 22: The Accidental Husband, Hamlet 2

August 29: Babylon A.D.

Feel Free to post any trailers as well.
    Last edited by MoTown; 05-02-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Saw Iron Man last night, it was solid.
    _

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Iron man has been getting good critical reviews.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Will I see them?

May 2: Iron Man - Yeah, probably

May 9: Speed Racer, What Happens in Vegas - no, neither of those

May 16: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - no, religious propaganda

May 22: Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I hope it turns out good, but that title sounds like it was made up by a 7-year-old kid.

May 30: Sex in the City, The Strangers - no, and I heard The Strangers was far too messed up to actually be enjoyable so no.

June:
    June 6: Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan - no and aw hell no

June 13: The Happening, The Incredible Hulk - Not into disaster movies but way into Zooey Deschanel, and I thought there already was a Hulk movie a little while ago?

June 20: Get Smart, The Love Guru - yes, no

June 27: WALL-E, Wanted - shit no, fuck no

July
    July 2: Hancock - seems like a fun idea, but it might be awful (has Will Smif in it)

July 11: Meet Dave, Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Meet Dave has Eddie Murphy in it so no, and Hellboy II looks really good and was directed by one of my favorite directors

July 18: The Dark Knight - pretty geeked to see this

July 25: Step Brothers, The X-Files - No, no

August
    August 1: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, He's Just Not That into You - No, no

August 8: Pineapple Express - Yes.

August 15: Tropic Thunder, Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Tropic Thunder has Ben Stiller so no, and I have had it with Star Wars

August 22: The Accidental Husband, Hamlet 2 - chick flick so no to the first one, pretty geeked about Hamlet 2 tho

August 29: Babylon A.D. - everything I learn about this movie makes me want to throw up over and over again

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    May 22: Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I hope it turns out good, but that title sounds like it was made up by a 7-year-old kid.
    Yeah, I really want that to be good but that title is just absurd. I bet it's worse than Temple.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Yes, they recently made a Hulk movie and it bombed. I'll go see this one, if only because Edward Norton is playing the main man and I'll pretty much see anything he's in.
    _

Iron Man was worthwhile. I don't see anything else coming up that I'm very exciteed about.

The Happening? No way. M Night Shyamalan has turned into the fountain of suck. I'd need a foot-high pile of sworn affadavits swearing the movie isn't a complete waste of time before I'd watch it.

-I'm pretty excited to see Iron Man. I've heard good things so far, and I'll admit I'm a big comic book movie fan (except the Fantastic 4 series and Spiderman 3).

-I've never seen a movie that looks worse than Speed Racer. It looks like a 4 year old wrote and directed the film. And I can't stand the lead actor. He just pisses me off. The only movie that I think looks worse than this is One Missed Call.

- I don't know a lot about The Strangers, but it looks like a horror film actually worth seeing. It actually looked creepy in the previews, but I haven't heard the bad things that Swami has heard about it.

- Don't know much about The Happening and it looks interesting, but so does every M. Night Shamalan film before I go and see it and vomit in the theater. I'll learn my lesson one of these days.

- The Incredible Hulk it a "loose sequel" to Hulk. Apparently Marvel Studios hated the first one and said make another one with a better director and better actors. So it's a sequel, but also a reboot.

- Sex in the City - You know every one of you vomited when you saw the preview. I would gladly trade Heath Ledger's life for those four women if I could.

- Get Smart and WALL-E look like something I would see when it's free on Showtime... or if I find out I have a 4 year old kid.

- Hancock looks hilarious. The first preview looked funny, the second preview made it look like it could be a good movie as well. I like Will Smif, though. And it's a pretty clever idea for a Superhero movie.

- The Dark Knight is the one I've been counting down the days to. If there's only one movie I see this summer, that's the one. I can't wait to see it, and I really hope my expectations aren't too high. Begins was a great movie, and I hope Nolan continues his great work.

- Tropic Thunder and Hamlet 2 look pretty funny, so if I have any extra cash I'll go see them.

MoTown is right.

The newest Hancock trailer, in case you haven't seen it.

MoTown is right.

I am very excited to see batman because of heath ledgers death, imagine his emotion while filming this movie. It is almost as if he really is the joker

+ Reply to Thread