+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McDyess exercises his option, will return for 2007-08

McDyess exercises his option, will return for 2007-08

Murray returning to Pistons

Pistons guard Ronald "Flip" Murray has exercised his player option for next season to return to the team, his agent, Mark Termini, said Tuesday.

Murray's salary for 2007-08, in the second year of a two-year deal, will be $1,890,000.

Pistons teammates Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess recently declined similar options to both become unrestricted free agents.

Murray averaged 6.7 points in 69 games last season.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917568

I was under the impression that we are working on an extension for Dice to keep him from opting out.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I think we can still extend on his last contract, so we wouldn't have to eat at our MLE to resign, but he did this pending Chauncey's decision.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for catching this H1, I've been waiting for some kind of word on this.

I hope this is an erroneous report.

If he opted out, aren't we screwed? (have to use MLE to re-sign him?)

Time to check the Larry Coon FAQ.

I can't believe that this wasn't reported locally if it is true. Oh wait, yes I can.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-27-2007 at 10:00 AM.
    Find a new slant.

This is very interesting. It could mean a lot of things actually. As you guys said, it could just be Dice wanting to figure out his plan based on where Chauncey goes. If he stayed it likely would have meant Cbill was a lock to resign, now maybe not?

Adding up our salaries without Chauncey and Dice, and taking the option on Blalock, we are up for about 43.3 mill. Add in 10 at least for CBill, and that isn't going to leave us too much wiggle room about the cap.

We could maybe offer Dice a longer term deal, with a lower starting figure this season (would he take a 4,5,6 three year deal?)

Adding in about 2 mill for two firsts, and I just don't think there is ANY room at all to use the MLE. At least we know why Delfino was really booted now, we just needed capspace.

Does anyone know what the estimated tax threshold is this year?

Oh yeah, and don't forget resigning Amir in that mess.

I thought Dyess was rumored to be taking his option and working out an extension. The only reason to opt out is to save Joe money or to want more.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

On mlive they're saying no...

http://blog.mlive.com/pistonsinsider...ree_agent.html

Posted by A. Sherrod Blakely June 27, 2007 10:56AM

I spoke with Antonio McDyess' agent this morning, and he confirmed that McDyess has not filed for free agency.

"I have the paperwork right here on my desk," said his agent, Andy Miller. "I haven't seen the report, but I can tell you it's false."

Miller went on to say that no decision had been reached as to whether McDyess would test the free agent waters. But reading between the lines, it seems as though McDyess will likely return to Detroit and seek some type of contract extension which Joe Dumars has said in the past was something the Pistons would pursue with the 6-foot-9 forward.

I have the paperwork right here? What is it? Something light to read at lunch?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries

About McDyess

Antonio McDyess hasn't officially picked up his option for the $6.3 million he will make next season -- but you have to believe he will. The Pistons have already indicated that they would sit down and try to work out an extension with McDyess, starting at that $6.3 million. If McDyess waives his option and enters free agency, he knows the most he would get (if he could get it) would be another mid-level exception. The mid-level exception will be less than $6.3 million. So, he would be leaving money on the table if he opts out.

Now, here's something to think about. McDyess lives in Houston. Houston needs frontcourt help. Houston would probably love to offer McDyess their mid-level exception, if he opted out. If McDyess thinks the Pistons will lose his buddy Chauncey Billups to free agency, the Houston option might become more attractive. The thing is, though, time is running out. McDyess has to make his decision by the close of business Friday. Billups isn't a free agent until July 1. So, McDyess may have to take a leap of faith -- one way or the other.
    Find a new slant.

If he opts out and goes to Houston, they can use their pick on another wing player and be in great shape. A guy like Almond would help Tmac a lot back there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread