+ Reply to Thread

Thread: comcast cable vs dish/satellite tv?

comcast cable vs dish/satellite tv?

this is for my parents. right now they have comcast cable and at $40/mo for basic stuff, the $20/mo dish network prices seem awfully tempting. can anyone comment on the two services? this is non-HD, btw.

Well my parents have digital cable, not sure how much they pay, but I love it. If they dont use cable internet, and dont watch many channels, and dont need HD, go with the dish. If they're looking to save money, that might be the way to go

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    The On Demand stuff is great (though I have a bunch of Premium channels...). I love Comcast digital.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    if you dont care about the price comcast is the way to go. If you want more for your money its satellite. But both have their good and bads. Comcast has a faster yet more expensive internet(though i heard SBC DSL may upgrade this year).

You cant feel too bad either way IMO.

what about reliability? i keep seeing those cable commercials about satellite signals dropping with bad weather and such...is that a load of BS? or some truth to it?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    what about reliability? i keep seeing those cable commercials about satellite signals dropping with bad weather and such...is that a load of BS? or some truth to it?
    Theres some truth to it vs cloud cover yes. heavily cloudy storms can cause issues.

Yeah, but i've been on a few satelite TV's during storms and its not as bas as comcast will tell you. You'll get frozen and blurry once in a while, but usually you can manage.

Are you talking about geting your parents digital cable, or just sticking with basic. Because, if they're paying $40 for basic which is like channels 2-69 minus a few in between, the satelite will give you more channels plus a program guide for less money, to me its a no brainer. But if its Digital cable, you'll be better of shelling out a few more $

I dont think I've really watch TV on sat or dit
    I still have the basic comcast channels 1-99 even tho they skip like 60-98
    Im still living in the stone age

+ Reply to Thread