+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrorism on Starbucks?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Terrorism on Starbucks?

S.F. Police Investigating Starbucks Bomb

Tue Jan 10, 9:32 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO - Police say they are pursuing leads in their search for the person who put a bomb in the bathroom of a Starbucks, forcing the evacuation of about 100 people from a four-block area. No one was injured.

The device, which was found around 1:15 p.m. Monday, was disabled an hour later. Residents were allowed back into the building and police reopened the street around the store.

"This was a good device. If it had exploded, it would have caused injuries or damage," said Sgt. Neville Gittens.

He would not disclose the size or type of device, or its potential explosive capacity. But he added, "we have some very active leads that we're following up."

Gittens said no one phoned in a bomb threat or took responsibility for the bomb.

Seattle-based Starbucks declined to give details.

In 2003, police said the windows of 17 Starbucks stores were clouded with glue and some of their door locks were jammed. Vandals also posted phony notices purporting to be from Starbucks management announcing the company's intention to abandon some of their San Francisco stores to make room for more locally owned coffee houses.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

We are getting our 1st one in this crappy town, feel sorry for me.

BTW 3rd largest city in Kentucky and it takes us this long too get a Starbucks...feel very sorry for me.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    We are getting our 1st one in this crappy town, feel sorry for me.

BTW 3rd largest city in Kentucky and it takes us this long too get a Starbucks...feel very sorry for me.

Art
    I'm glad to say that I have never been in a starbucks. (or a Walmart for that matter)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

+ Reply to Thread