15. You may not vote on this poll
  • #5 Jack Nicholson

6 40.00%
  • #12 Christopher Walken

9 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TOC TV/Movies/Stage Rd 1 Matchup - #5 Nicholson vs. #12 Walken, WALKEN ADVANCES

This is the 5 v. 12 shocker of this tourney.

Walken is the best.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I finally went with Walken. Believe it or not I put a lot of thought into it over the last couple days. Eventually I realized Walken is cooler. Obviously there are his big roles but even his small roles like in Pulp Fiction and True Romance which happen to be two of my favorite movies, are a couple of the best parts in those movies.

True Romance... Im going from memory so if Im a word or two off oh well... 'Never before have you seen evil so personified as in the face of the man who killed you.' That is just evil as shit.

Then there are his SNL skits which are great. His dancing in the Fat Boy Slim video is a 10. Im not a big FBS fan but that video rocks. SNL... Cowbell, The Continental, Census, it goes on and on.

Nicholson is great in a lot of things, and the one thing that kept me debating was his role as The Joker (the new Joker will absolutely suck in comparison I dont care how well it is played) but yeah... Walken.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Nicholson is the same fuckin guy in every movie he does. Walken may have the same odd speech impediment in every movie he does, but he's still different characters. In True Romance he's pure cynical evil, but in Deer Hunter he's just this really innocent street kid who's just seen too much violence to be right in the head ever again.

I've heard that in acting school, someone suggested to Walken that he erase all the punctuation out of his dialogue and replace it with new punctuation, randomly placed. And he still does it to this day, and that's why his speech patterns are so odd in all his movies. Whereas you and I might say:
    Darling, I'm going to the beer store. However, I do not have any cash on me. If you don't mind, may I have a twenty dollar bill?
    Walken says:
    Darling I'm; going, to the beer store - however I do not, have, any cash on me if you don't mind may I...have a twenty, dollar, bill?

Looks like my boy is going down. Can't believe it. Should've learned to build robots Jack.

You people have lost your minds.

Lost your damn minds.
    STEW BEEF!

this completely fucks my bracket, i had nicholson going deep.

who the fuck cares if he's a laker fan? he also is a true nba fan that goes to every game even when the lakers occassionally suck. not like most bootlick celebrity's whose connection to the team they root for is tenuous, at best.

walken is cool, no doubt, but jack nicholson is pretty much the definition of cool. anyone read the rolling stone about him a year or 2 back? he has sex with a different woman everynight, still. he's up till 4 in the morning and starts his day whenever he feels like it. he bought marlon brando's old hollywood house (think it was brando) and blew it up rather than let some stooge desecrate it.

walken must have made a ton of threes or something, cuz nine times out of ten, nicholson tears him up.

i think oprah must have had a hand in this

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Nicholson just seems like an insufferable, overbearing, loud drunk. All I can think about when I see his face is that if you had to work for him, or if he was one of your relatives, he'd make your life hell. He seems like he came so close to being a hard-living iconic party animal like Hunter S. Thompson but he's constantly being foiled by vagina.

EDIT: I do want to mention that I like a few Jack movies - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is awesome. He's an interesting guy for that role. I think a lot of the time you see movies like that and they pick someone a lot more square to play that part. And I like The Shining, but that's all Kubrick there. I mean, that panning camera with the axe swinging? Classic. And Chinatown, of course. A Few Good Men is horribly dated and nearly unwatchable now except for Jack Nicholson's part. He said the reason he wanted to be in that movie is that he found playing that part to be easy; he firmly believes everything his character says in the movie.
    Last edited by Big Swami; 10-15-2007 at 09:36 AM.

i want jack to win this matchup. i need him to win this matchup.

+ Reply to Thread