+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTFDetroit.com Exclusive: Jay Sado on Jerry West, Pau Gasol & The Grizzlies

Check your PMs

WTFDetroit.com Exclusive: Jay Sado on Jerry West, Pau Gasol & The Grizzlies

Check out the new WTF Front Page article about Jerry West and his plans to blow up the Grizzlies by our own Jay Sado.

Let us know what you think!

http://wtfdetroit.com

Blog Entries
    That is some interesting info JS, and a great article.

It would be wild if Memphis somehow ended up with the top 2 picks, and maybe even more picks later in the 1st.

I guess it's not out of the question for Joe to get involved at some level with West (although I still think Gasol is out of reach for us).

We do have draft picks, expiring deals and young/cheap talent at our disposal.
    Last edited by Glenn; 01-29-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Gasol is a pipe dream unless Chicago passes on him IMO. If Chicago wants any player in the NBA, they have the goods to do it over any other team. If they pass than I think we have a better shot than most teams (we have some decent deals, extra bigs, an extra first rounder).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Two trades

Trade #1
    Memphis trades Pau Gasol and Terence Kinsey to Chicago
    Chicago trades P.J. Brown, Andres Nocioni, Thabo Sefolosha, rights to swap Chicago's 1st rounder with the Knicks first rounder to Memphis

Trade #2
    Memphis trades Mike Miller and Stromile Swift to Phoenix
    Phoenix trades Kurt Thomas, Marcus Banks, James Jones, and Atlanta's first round draft pick (top 3 protected this year, unprotected next year) to Memphis

Memphis gains $6 million in cap space, putting them $13 million under the cap this summer, and the very real possibility of having 3 draft picks in the top 10 of this year's draft. Plus their team would stink, positioning them as leaders in the clubhouse for the #1 pick. (They'd probably buyout Eddie Jones and either Jake Tsakalidis or P.J. Brown)

Chicago would get Gasol without giving up any of their top 4 players (shades of Pistons getting Sheed???), and if the chemistry is right, would have to be the favorites in the East.

And Phoenix would be able to trot out a 7 man rotation of Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa, and Mike Miller. Read that sentence again. And the earliest any of them would be a free agent would be the summer of 2009 (Marion).

I think all of those deals make sense for all the teams. Then again, maybe Phoenix doesn't want to mess with the chemistry, or maybe Memphis doesn't want to take on Banks contract, or the Bulls wouldn't want to give up the Knicks pick. Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread