Thread: Mallett to transfer from Michigan

Mallett to transfer from Michigan

Does he stay or does he go?
    Last edited by Tahoe; 12-18-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: misspeleng
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Tahoe : 12-18-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: misspeleng
    lol

Well, that depends on a number of things. RR will have some access to him for a while and they can get to know each other a bit. I think RR can make a good impression and talk to him about some of the spread offense things that can happen effectively even when a QB isn't mobile.

Even if Pryor comes to UM, Mallett could still have a role here. Seriously, look a Florida last year. The same offense worked for Leak and Tebow at different times and in different ways. If RR told Mallett he was the guy and that any possible recruits joining would simply help open up the offense and enhance what the team can do, it might buy him a year.

The reason Mallett would leave, imo, is not because he doesn't want to be a part of RR's system, but rather because he's drawn to Petrino's system, the weather, and the proximity to home at Arkansas. Hard to blame him for that. Unfortunately, if Mallett leaves and we don't get another QB, we have David Cone. Threet can't play for us next season and our QB commit from this class has changed his mind and is headed to Iowa.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

So he can switch and still play 3 years, but he can't play next year.

I'm thinking that maybe he should go. It might be better for him and better for RR and UofM to get a more mobile QB.

If he stays next year and then RR goes to a more mobile recruit/frosh QB, he'd be fucked.

EDIT... I posted this b4 I read Jethro's
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    lol
    Oh, I see how you role. That is funny but my JH chat post didn't even get a chuckle?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Jethro. I think it could work, but not sure if its a perfect fit. Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking about Malletts interest too.

I agree on 2 qb too.

I'm not sure about the timing but I bet if Mallett announced tomorrow that he is leaving that Pryor would be more inclined to come here. He'd step in next year and play.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Has Mallett even HINTED that he is thinking about going? Or is this just one more bit of insanity for Michigan fans?

You guys might just try relaxing a bit here. UM has nabbed a top ten coach, possibly the #5 guy in the country after the Big Four. It was a maddening search that left most of us damn near exhausted when it was over.

UM NEEDS Mallett next year. I hope Rodriguez is currently sitting in a nice, quiet, warm room with Mallett right now, explaining that Mallett had enough mobility and talent to make this thing work, and that Rodriguez can modify it to fit Mallett's game.

A Michigan fan is nothing if not happy to be carrying around razor blades just in case he needs to slit his wrists if things get boring.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I know its a lot of fun to talk about Pryor, but everyone does know that he is nowhere near "ours" yet right? People talk about him like he is coming here for sure and that he will be god and that Mallett is going to be terrible in a system like this. What if Pryor doesn't come? Threet is not a "mobile" QB, nor is the Coner. If we don't get Pryor does that mean our offense goes to hell because a 6'7" QB has to throw to 3, 4 or 5 WR's each play.

I think it would be tight as hell if we had Pryor, but there is no guarantee he comes here and no guarantee he is great just yet. I personally would love to watch Mallett sit back there and sling the ball around and hand it off to Carlos Brown.

Zip. If there is a new coach hired at a major, awesome university and the new coach has a system that doesn't fit well with your #1 QB, what the hell, talk about it.

"I talked to Ryan today and he's going to keep an open mind and is looking forward to hearing what coach Rodriguez's plans are," Jim Mallett told the AP. "So, we'll just have to wait and see."
    Players meeting my ASS!

Sigh.

When RR was at Glenville State they passed the ball 50+ times out of the spread. He had WR who had 144 receptions in ONE YEAR. He went to Tulane and kept passing the ball. He went to Clemson and had to tweak his system. He went to WVU and had to tweak it again. He will come to UM and tweak his system again for what he has there.

Mallett is not going anywhere, unless Lefty is not retained then all bets are off, but I am not worried about Mallett leaving. Seriously this is a bunch of nonsense at this point.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

+ Reply to Thread