+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ABC's miniseries "The Path to 9/11" being protested

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cruscott35
    Except for the part that I bolded...The screenwriter is not a republican, nor is he a part of the conservative movement, and has written very liberal movies too.
    Cyrus Nowrasteh is a conservative, in his own words. This is an interview with him from the conservative film festival he was part of a year ago (well before the recent controversy):

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/l...ndex.php?p=462
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 09-12-2006 at 08:33 PM.

Well, I heard an interview on the radio where he said he wasn't republican, if he's going to lie about it, then fine...

As far as which one is worse, this or Moore's Lions that he put on film, easily Moore's, his "documentary" using real people and real quotes makes everything look more 'official'.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    One could be conservative and not necessarily be Republican, especially in today's age. I don't get how an imperialistic stance in foreign affairs while overspending like a drunken sailor is especially conservative, either in the "traditional" or "measured" uses of the term. I "get" conservatism in a Barry Goldwater sense, but not a neo-con one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    One could be conservative and not necessarily be Republican, especially in today's age. I don't get how an imperialistic stance in foreign affairs while overspending like a drunken sailor is especially conservative, either in the "traditional" or "measured" uses of the term. I "get" conservatism in a Barry Goldwater sense, but not a neo-con one.

I agree fully, that's why I always tell people that I'm conservative before republican...And I for one hate Bush's spending habits.

Quote Originally Posted by cruscott35
    I agree fully, that's why I always tell people that I'm conservative before republican...And I for one hate Bush's spending habits.
    One thing we agree on.

I am (somewhat) fiscally conservative. But pretty socially liberal.

Unfortunately, there is no party that is fiscally conservative today, so I root for the social issues.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread