+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poker.......tournament vs cash games?

Poker.......tournament vs cash games?

how do you play these different? are you supposed to play these fundamentally different?

i find myself playing much more aggressively in tournament games. it's just harder for me to push in all my chips when it's a cash game.

any tips?

Well, i'm a cheap ass, so I always play tight either way.
    You last longer, but you dont make much money.
    Thing about playing tight is you either will make one big score or a ton of little ones.

it really depends on who you are playing with. in cash games I try to play tight. if you hit a couple hands great where someone else is betting but you know you have them beat, you can easily make money that way. you don't need to be agressive.

If you are in a tournament, you can play more aggressive, but it depends on the table. if you can steal blinds and stuff, do it. But if the players are very risky, you almost have to play it tight and wait for your spot to bust them. You never know if they have a hand or not, so you have to wait for the right spot. That's also the point of you playing agressive (they never know if you have a hand). I usually wait until I've got a decent stack to try and play power poker though. Being agressive when you have no chips doesn't scare anyone.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread