+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Primary

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Michigan Primary

It's a closed primary, so for Michigan people who aren't used to select a party ballot will have to do so if they want to vote. That information will be used to fill your mailbox with lots of crap. This will likely deter folks who otherwise would've voted, and may skew what remains to the extent it's not already skewed. Amidst much last-minute hijinks, we decided to move our primary date ahead of when it was supposed to have been, which fucks us in the ass in unusual ways.

The primary IS a joke if you choose the Democratic ballot. Obama and Edwards aren't on the ticket. You have your choice of Hillary, Uncommitted, or minor candidates in various stages of dropping out. None of Michigan's delegates are slated to be seated at the Democratic convention. If our delegates don't make a difference one way or the other, and the Democratic candidate wins, our dumbass bid to be an early primary state is a total fucking bust. If they make a difference, it will be considered a total crock of shit because that means it'd be close apart from Michigan, and Michigan folks never had a real choice.

This is MOSTLY a joke if you choose the Republican ballot. Michigan's Republican delegate count has been cut in half because of our trying to go ahead of the pre-negotiated pack. Apart from the party ballot bullshit, this is a repeat of 2000 in many senses, where a lot of Michigan Democrats tipped the edge to McCain. Given a choice of "Hillary or the void" on the Democratic side, Democrats and indies might grab Republican ballots and vote Ron Paul (who wants to woo Democrats here) or some other minor candidates to fuck with them. The media coverage here could prove to be key.

So Michigan taxpayers get to pay 10 million bucks for a worthless primary? Sounds great. I wish I was there to vote undecided. I hope everyone does. I'll seriously puke if Hillary gets a bunch of votes and parades her ass out there to brag about winning by default.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Fuck undecided or uncommitted.

I'd rather take a Republican ballot, vote for Ron Paul, and see how much money the Republican Party can waste sending junk mail to me. I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary, to stick it to Bush.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'll seriously puke if Hillary gets a bunch of votes and parades her ass out there to brag about winning by default.
    Take pics if you do next to the tv while she's celebrating bug eyes and all.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Oh, that's fucking funny.

I'll be voting Paul as I support the long-term fracture of the Licks over the short term, but good luck with that.

Nice video, hahaa.
    _

Blog Entries
    Some columnist from the New York Times was on Tim Russert's show on Sunday (not MTP, his own show on MSNBC) and he claimed that all of the Republican candidates get along very well, they especially agree that they all hate Romney.
    Find a new slant.

Romney 27.0% McCain 26.3 was the lates I've seen.

Lots of ass kissing going on there in Michigan, then those bastards forget about my home state as soon as they get elected.

that was the most convincing ad i've ever seen. im 100% for romney now.

food for thought, what impact did michigan's renegade primary vote in '00 have on prez bush's reaction towards the state? i mean, i know bush sucks at domestic issues (sorry tahoe) but can anyone name one good thing he's done for the state? as far as i know, hes pretty much encouraged the death of the labor unions, and hasnt exactly been friendly to the corporate side of the big three, either.

mccain doesnt strike me as being as spiteful as bush, but something to consider when you cast your derailment vote tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread