• D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grade the Pick: Sammie Lee Hill

Grade the Pick: Sammie Lee Hill

Lions draft DT Sammie Lee Hill out of Stillman with the 115th pick of the NFL Draft.

Approve?

Grade?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I obviously know nothing about the guy except for the stuff I'm reading, but it sounds like he has some potential and he's big. He's just from a small school. And at least we drafted a guy in a position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I like the idea of getting the DTs to step up and stop the run. That takes pressure off the LBs so they can drop and help cover the pass.

I like these monsters. Grady, Darby and Hill.

He's 330, big boy! That's what Schwartz loves. I know some of you were talking about him in the 3rd, so taking him in the 4th shouldn't be a problem. I was hoping for Duke Robinson here, but apparently the scouts know something we don't because he slipped to the end of the 5th (where I'd have traded up from the 6th for him for sure).

SI.com

POSITIVES: Large, athletic defensive lineman swiftly moving up draft boards. Moves well on his feet, quickly changes direction, and strings plays out to the flanks. Jolts blockers with good hand punch, breaks down well, and easily redirects to the action. Fights throughout the play, flashes power, and works to get involved in the action.

NEGATIVES: Gets a little tall and allows blockers to get leverage on him. Does not display great first step quickness. Does not show dominant lower-body strength.

ANALYSIS: Hill is an athletic prospect with the ability to play in several NFL defensive systems. He has the movement skills to be used as a potential three-technique lineman, or he can be placed on the nose if he improves his lower body strength. He offers a large degree of upside potential, and he could end up as a top-100 choice in April, but he will need time to develop his game.

PROJECTION: Third Round
    _

Well, sometimes guys from small schools turn out to be gems. Can't hate on the pick. They only pick I really don't like at all is the OLB we took. I don't really see how he's going to contribute anywhere.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't mind them drafting a defensive playmaker like him. Lots of OLBs though.

Maybe we'll just go to the 3-4 right now.

The Lions are masters of strategy. They probably kept the 3-4 secret until after the draft.
    _

Gunther Cunningham on WBBL: Sammie Hill 'reminds me a lot of Albert Haynesworth'

Full cornbread here
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

SLH failed the initial conditioning test, but he passed finally.
    Destiny

+ Reply to Thread