+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ingram better than Jonas Gray?

Mark Ingram better than Jonas Gray?

A few people here on the board stated their opinion that Mark Ingram is better than Jonas Gray. Ingram, a talented running back/wide receiver out of Flint. His Dad was a standout for the Spartans during the Perles era. I didn't buy into the Ingram opinions given the fact that I'm very high on Gray and I thought it was maybe just a little sour grapes with Gray committing to Nebraska. Well, Ingram's performance last Friday made a giant statement about his ability and Tennessee and Florida picking up serious interest in Ingram only back it.

Ingram had over 300 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns in his first game on Friday breaking records while he was at it. Because so much gets lumped into the football recruiting thread, I thought we could spice up the forum with a little debate as the season goes on and each player adds to their statistical total.

Rivals:

"Ingram had a record setting performance in his debut at Flint Southwestern Academy. The 5-foot-10 205-pound prospect rushed for 319 yards on 21 carries and scored 4 touchdowns in a 49-14 route of Midland Dow High School.

Midland Dow High School is by no means a pushover, they are a perennial playoff team and had defeated Southwestern Academy 19 consecutive times before Ingram arrived. Ingram scored on runs of 70, 13, 12 and 2 yards.

Ingram's total of 319 yards set a city record, not bad for his first game playing for Coach Gary Lee and the Southwestern Academy Knights."

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    "Ingram had a record setting performance in his debut at Flint Southwestern Academy. The 5-foot-10 205-pound prospect rushed for 319 yards on 21 carries and scored 4 touchdowns in a 49-14 route of Midland Dow High School.

Midland Dow High School is by no means a pushover, they are a perennial playoff team and had defeated Southwestern Academy 19 consecutive times before Ingram arrived. Ingram scored on runs of 70, 13, 12 and 2 yards.

Ingram's total of 319 yards set a city record, not bad for his first game playing for Coach Gary Lee and the Southwestern Academy Knights."
    I think both are very talented and will do well in college. Unfortunately, Ingram is getting interest from Tennessee, Florida and the like. If Dantonio can land he and Ray, that will be a hell of a RB combo.

Yeah, then it'll be like, "HEY! MSU is better than Florida! Dantonio outrecruited Florida for Mark Ingram! Yay! It's a Sparty Boner Party!"
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Yeah, then it'll be like, "HEY! MSU is better than Florida! Dantonio outrecruited Florida for Mark Ingram! Yay! It's a Sparty Boner Party!"
    You are a small, bothered little man, Zippy.

Yeah, that was a fucking lame post Zippy.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Yeah, that was a fucking lame post Zippy.
    Wow, if you've been reduced to being an echo of buckdow, you better get back to the SpongeBob Squarepants message board so you can compete.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

No.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Better than Gray..?

A guy I know saw Ingram running up a hill in Flint. He'd do it 35 times forward and 35 times in backpedaling. Hell he's better than McGuffie the little smurf from Tejas. Glug, glug, glug...

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    No.
    I love this response. Nothing to back the opinion with and you've never even seen Ingram play. I'm a big Gray guy, but at least I've left it open since I haven't seen Ingram video yet.

+ Reply to Thread