+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The coolest thing you'll never drive.

The coolest thing you'll never drive.

If I had a gazillion dollars, this is how I'd roll. True story.

BMW says the fabric skin - polyurethane-coated Lycra - is resilient, durable and water resistant. It's stretched over an aluminum frame controlled by electric and hydraulic actuators that allow the owner to change the body shape. Want a big spoiler on the back? Wider fenders? No problem. "The drastic reinterpretation of familiar functionality and structure means that drivers have a completely new experience when they handle their car," BMW says.

GINA has just four panels - the front hood, two sides and the rear deck. The doors open in jack-knife fashion and are completely smooth when closed; access to the engine is through a slit in the hood. BMW says the shape of the body can be changed without slackening or damaging the fabric. The fabric is opaque so the taillights shine through, and small motors pull the fabric back to reveal the headlights.

The interior is equally innovative. The steering wheel and gauges swing into place and the headrest rises from the seat once the driver is seated, making it easier to get in and out of the car.

BMW says GINA is built on a space frame that provides all the safety of a conventional car, but we suspect people - not to mention BMW's lawyers and government regulators - wouldn't embrace fabric bodies. Still, the company says GINA could influence the design of future Beemers.

Spandex cars ...

Shape-changing is tight though
    STEW BEEF!

WE MUST PROTECT THIS CAR!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    it looks like a convertible condom with wheels and doors.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle

WE MUST PROTECT THIS CAR!
    LOL

It's even better because your avatar looks like Jonesy is agreeing with the Under Armor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I totally saw the same thing. UNISON!

If there were a picture of Stern pumping his fist for the sig it would be perfect.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread