+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: We're the toast of the NBA again...

We're the toast of the NBA again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...on=2008&week=8

1 (3) Pistons 20-7 Besides The Sports Guy, who else won't like Detroit's rise to No. 1? The Pistons just went 12-2 to join Boston in the 20-Win Club, but Chauncey Billups reminded us how they think: ''I love us flying under the radar.''
    http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/index.html

1 Detroit (3) 20-7 Off: 113.2 (3), Def: 102.7 (2) -- After Wednesday's win in Boston, I think it's time to bring Chauncey Billups into this discussion. At worst, he's a lock for another his third straight All-Star selection.

Blog Entries
    I like Marc Stein, he's a quality contributor, he always gives the Pistons their due...

unlike some other ass clowns at ESPN (Sheridan, Bill Simmons, Broussard, Kiki, Walton, Van Gundy, Hollinger)

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    To me, these ratings only really matter on June 31st, when the Finals are over.

Yeah, I know. Thirty days has September...

right. we were also the toast of the nba in 05-06. dont mean a thing. i do like how weve positioned ourselves, though. assuming flip resists the urge to run our starters into the ground and really gives a few of the bench players a chance (namely, maxiell, stuckey, and afflalo) we could really be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    To me, these ratings only really matter on June 31st, when the Finals are over.

Yeah, I know. Thirty days has September...
    Yeah, I agree. I wouldnt mind if the Pistons were last in everyones polls... They need that chip back..

We seriously do play better without the media's attention or expectancy.

look at my sig for example, 2004...who thought we wouldve beat those hall of fame bitches in 5? We raped everyone in 05, got everyone excited, lose in the finals.

we dont need the attention, as billups said(i think), we do better under the radar.

this year's team is winning in a completely different way than 05/06, which is really exciting. it's not the starters dominating, playing ~40 min and the bench just maintaining the lead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    We seriously do play better without the media's attention or expectancy.

look at my sig for example, 2004...who thought we wouldve beat those hall of fame bitches in 5? We raped everyone in 05, got everyone excited, lose in the finals.

we dont need the attention, as billups said(i think), we do better under the radar.
    Yeah. Just like when they were supposed to lose the '05 East Finals to Miami and they won it. I think a lot of analysts thought Indy would beat them in the '04 East Finals as well.

The Celtics playing this well and the Pistons ending up with the #2 seed (probably) is only a good thing to me.

#2 seed would leave them with more of a chip on their shoulders. Any edge they can get, I'm all for.
    _

Blog Entries
    '04 = #3
    '05 = #2

+ Reply to Thread