+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DET/NYK/CHA

DET/NYK/CHA

NY wants to get rid of Curry/Jeffries but at the same time could use a top #2 to attract RIP.

Detroit needs a legit center

Charlotte has a lot committed to centers. They could use a backup wing (to Wallace and Henderson)

RIP (11.6) to NYK
    Max (2.5) to CHA
    Kwame (4.1) to NYK

Lee (8-9 mil) to CHA
    Curry (10.5) to DET
    Jeffries (6.5) to CHA

Okafor (10.5) to DET
    Diaw (9 mil) to NYK
    Bell (5 mil) to DET

NY doesn't shed any salaries, but they get RIP and Diaw that could thrive in D'Antonio's system. They only lose 3 mil in space for next year, giving them plenty to throw at Lebron (and having two legit players to put next to him). If Lebron turns them down they can sign Amare and pair him with Hill/RIP/Diaw/Gallinari, etc.

Chartlotte gets a backup wing, a hard working PF and his backup. Lee provides a little more offense than Okafor too (which is needed with Diop and Nazr there).

Detroit gets a center and unloads max's contract. Curry expires after next year anyway. Bell replaces AA for a year.

PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Gordon/Bell
    SF Tay/Summers
    PF Charlie/FA
    C Okafor/Curry

Do picks need to be involved?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Detroit gives up like $16 million and takes back $26 million. How would that work?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

it's 18 for 26, but a valid point. Bell could not be in there. We could do it with Wilson Chandler in there instead, but can he backup the 2?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

So Charlotte is giving up their young C, their young PF that they really like quite a bit, and an expiring or another young player in return for a PF, a backup PF, and 2 years of a bad contract in Jeffries? Is Lee really that much better than Diaw or Okafor? If I were them, I wouldn't touch that deal.

Okafor's deal was considered a bad contract for a season, but last year he came back in better shape and played fantastic basketball. It's a pretty solid deal for him, a little high but not unbearable.

Diaw is overpaid but he played some pretty solid basketball for them. He became a new man after being traded from Phoenix.

I want it to happen. I'd be ecstatic if it happened. I've been clamoring for us to find a way to get Okafor. I just don't think they would do this deal.
    _

Call me crazy, and keep in mind, I'm not a RealGM guy, but how long do you people spend dreaming up insane trade scenarios, and then debate them? I honestly don't see the point, but don't let me stop you from having your fun.

I have fun with it. It only takes a few minutes to come up with a convoluted trade idea and its fun discussion. I know that 90% of my ideas aren't even going to get tossed around in a real GM's office, and the 10% that would actually be brought up wouldn't come to pass, but they're fun for the sake of discussion.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    Call me crazy, and keep in mind, I'm not a RealGM guy, but how long do you people spend dreaming up insane trade scenarios, and then debate them? I honestly don't see the point, but don't let me stop you from having your fun.
    Because if we don't Kstat will chew us out for bitching about Joe's moves without having a solution.

Fantastic.
    _

Blog Entries
    Following high school recruiting is a much better use of time.

jk, Jick
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Because if we don't Kstat will chew us out for bitching about Joe's moves without having a solution.
    Timely
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread