+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: OST: West Rd 1, (8) Warriors vs. (1) Mavericks (Warriors win 4-2)

Dallas is the same thing we did last year. Only thing is, GSW are for real. They beat us in 5 if we meet in the NBA finals.
    Destiny

um, no. Any team with a legit post scorer can beat Golden State easily.

I think the spurs beat GS by 40 twice this year, doing nothing but throwing it in to duncan.

Either Houston or Utah knocks out GS in the next round in 5 games at most.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    We played without a starter in our two big losses to them.

I think we can win with our full lineup reasonably engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    We played without a starter in our two big losses to them.
    Same thing with the Bulls.
    Hype?

The Houston/Utah series is ironic in comparison to the Mavs/GS series. I agree that both teams create much more of a problem for the Warriors than the Mavs who had neither the inside game nor the point guard/overall ability to slow the game against GS. I think I'd give the nod to Houston over Utah in ability to beat GS as Van Gundy demands such a slow game, Yao's shear size, the ability to throw Battier, McGrady, and even Hayes at Davis (not that Davis can't beat any of those guys with speed but in a slow game, muscling over Alston or Williams is what I'd worry about more than beating others off the dribble). In a slow game Jackson isn't going to be in a rythm offensively and his mistakes (which he always makes) cost his team more. They will have to rely more on Richardson's stroke. Where the hell is P and his Monta Ellis love?

Utah has many of the same advantages only to a slightly lesser degree, in my mind anyway. They will slow the game down almost as well, Boozer is certainly formidable inside, with Okur having size and better range than say Howard. If AK is out of his melodrama phase then they certainly have some nice help D for the cutters. Williams is eons better than Alston so Davis will have to work more on the defensive end (hows that hammy BD?). I guess I'd say that Utah has more physical strength accross the board in its starters so Jackson won't be enough as far as GS matching up defensively. Harrington will probably play more because of that, more Biedrins and Peitrus perhaps.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Nobody knows how any other playoff team is going to fare against this GSW team. This is the first time that they've really all played together (injury free, post trade).

So you can throw those 40 point losses to the Spurs right out the window IMO.

Also, GSW management needs to send Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh a cookie bouquet or something. No way GSW beats Dallas with Troy Murphy and Mike Bumleavy Jr. on the squad.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Yea they ripped his balls out. Though I doubt they were that big for him to choke as much as he did on his own vomit.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I still think Dirk might get shipped out of town. This is embarrassing.

I think Dallas jumps in with LA in the bidding for Jermaine O'Neal and KG....

I was thinking the same thing Kstat, Dirk for KG is a pretty interesting thought.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread