Thread: TIGERS CALL UP MAYBIN!!

Blog Entries

TIGERS CALL UP MAYBIN!!

Hells yeah!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200770817010

Maybin promoted to major leagues

by Andrew Pearson and Keith Jarrettpublished
    August 17, 2007 9:37 am

ASHEVILLE – Cameron Maybin got the word Thursday night he had been waiting a lifetime to hear – “you’re going to the major leagues.”Advertisement

At age 20, the former Roberson High standout has been promoted to the Detroit Tigers and is expected to be in uniform tonight at Yankee Stadium in a game against the New York Yankees.

“He called last night and said, “I got the call!,” said Rudy Maybin, Cameron’s dad.

The Maybin family, including Rudy’s wife, daughter and mother, were at the airport at 9 a.m. this morning en route to New York for the game.

“His coach called him in last night after the game and told him he was going up,” said Rudy.

“I can’t really describe how I feel. It’s unreal, but I’m so happy for Cameron. He’s worked hard for this.”

The 10th pick of the first round of the 2005 major-league draft, Maybin has played just one full season in the minor leagues.

He was promoted from Class A Lakeland to Class AA Erie last week and hit homers in his first three games with his new team.
    Find a new slant.

Wait, WHAT?! I didn't know we were in need of another outfielder, unless this is just to get him a few games of experience then send him back down...

Who is he going to replace? They won't send Rayburn back down, that would be stupid. Is something happening with Monroe?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think Thames got reinjured last night.

Somebody's got to go off the 40 man roster for this move, too.

Anybody think Maybin is worthy of a fantasy league add?
    Find a new slant.

Guy has been killing the ball, keep him up until he slumps.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I think Thames got reinjured last night.

Somebody's got to go off the 40 man roster for this move, too.

Even if Thames did not get hurt wasn't Monroe one of the guys with the flu bad? with Rayburn playing 2B right now that limits the OF's already. I suppose Omar can play there too, so it must be Thames' hammy acting up again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries

Tigers call Maybin up to the big leagues

August 17, 2007
    By JON PAUL MOROSI
    FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

A little over one week ago, the Tigers promoted top prospect Cameron Maybin to Double-A Erie. At the time, club president/general manager Dave Dombrowski said Maybin would not be a candidate for a September call-up.

But that was before Maybin crushed pitching at Double-A, to the tune of a .400 average and four home runs in six games.

Now, the club has decided to call Maybin up to the big leagues. An announcement is expected today, although it’s not clear what the roster move will be.

Maybin, 20, has already arrived in New York, and will be in uniform at Yankee Stadium tonight.

“It’s the stage that he wants to start on,” said Bob Baratta, one of his representatives. “It doesn’t get any bigger than that.

“He’s not starting at Tropicana Field. He’s starting at Yankee Stadium.”

Maybin, a brilliant centerfielder, has batted .316 with 14 home runs and 53 RBIs this year, during stops at Erie, Class A Lakeland, and a rehabilitation assignment in the Gulf Coast League.

Check back with Freep.com later today for more details.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-17-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    Find a new slant.

There were signs that this was going to happen last week. I don't know the specifics, but the Tigers traded some minor league infielder for a Double-A outfielder last week, which was probably to replace Maybin in the lineup. I heard there was a chance he was going to play left before the end of the year.

Let's see what the kid's got.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    N/M, Yahoo doesn't even have him added to the free agent pool yet. Now he's got to go through waivers.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    There were signs that this was going to happen last week. I don't know the specifics, but the Tigers traded some minor league infielder for a Double-A outfielder last week, which was probably to replace Maybin in the lineup. I heard there was a chance he was going to play left before the end of the year.

Let's see what the kid's got.
    Great point. i didn't think about that at all (the kid replacing Maybin in the minors).

It's a good time to call him up IMO because he's been really hot since being promoted. Maybe he can ride that momentum and build some confidence that he has a chance to make it here next year. I think C Mo is a FA this year, plus Casey is a FA and Thames might play there a lot more next year. If he can show something promising that could go a long way towards next year.

+ Reply to Thread