+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I never leveled up before enchaniting rings/weapons/jewelry... I just selected a sigil stone from a menu pressing A, and it came up with some options for enchantment...
    That's just simple enchanting, to get all the options you need to get into the Arcane University.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I never leveled up before enchaniting rings/weapons/jewelry... I just selected a sigil stone from a menu pressing A, and it came up with some options for enchantment...
    That's just simple enchanting, to get all the options you need to get into the Arcane University.
    I just enchanted an elven sword at the Arcane University. I added drain health 5 pts for 10 sec in a 10 ft radius, 5 pts fire damage, 3 pts shock damage, and fortify strength for 2 secs on contact. Super sweeeet!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I've now fulfilled enough contracts with the Dark Brotherhood and now Vicente Valtiere is offering me a chance to become a vampire. What happens to you if you become a vampire and should I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I've now fulfilled enough contracts with the Dark Brotherhood and now Vicente Valtiere is offering me a chance to become a vampire. What happens to you if you become a vampire and should I do it?
    You get some nifty powers and stat/skill bonuses. You have to feed every 24 hours, or you become stronger(with a few notable weaknesses). For instance, when you first become one you get a +5 to Strength, Willpower, and Speed and +5 to a number of skills, and also a nifty Nightsight/Detect Life combo spell called Hunter's Sight. You can still go out in the sun and no one can tell you're a vampire. But if you wait 24 hours and don't feed you get +10's across the board as well as a new power, however sun starts to hurt you. The longer you go without feeding, the stronger you get(up to a maximum of 4 days). However, the sun hurts more and more and people can tell you're a vampire, so you'll need to get their disposition up to 100 to do business with them. All in all, I definitely recommend going vampire. You can cure it later if you want, and if you manage it well you'll never have a problem with it.

Talking

You get some nifty powers and stat/skill bonuses. You have to feed every 24 hours, or you become stronger(with a few notable weaknesses). For instance, when you first become one you get a +5 to Strength, Willpower, and Speed and +5 to a number of skills, and also a nifty Nightsight/Detect Life combo spell called Hunter's Sight. You can still go out in the sun and no one can tell you're a vampire. But if you wait 24 hours and don't feed you get +10's across the board as well as a new power, however sun starts to hurt you. The longer you go without feeding, the stronger you get(up to a maximum of 4 days). However, the sun hurts more and more and people can tell you're a vampire, so you'll need to get their disposition up to 100 to do business with them. All in all, I definitely recommend going vampire. You can cure it later if you want, and if you manage it well you'll never have a problem with it.
    Damn comrade, you are amazing! Do you know everything? Have you beaten the game like 8 times? (Insert notworthy emoticon here). Much props, thanks man.

One more question.....How exactly do you feed?

Damn comrade, you are amazing! Do you know everything? Have you beaten the game like 8 times? (Insert notworthy emoticon here). Much props, thanks man.

One more question.....How exactly do you feed?
    I've beat it pretty thoroughly. To feed you need to sneak up on somebody sleeping. Make sure you're in sneak, and get near them and a red blood drop should appear. I suggest the hobos in all the cities. They sleep outside so they're easy feedin'. Just find one of their beds and make it a point to stop there later on at night. If you need any help finding 'em just tell me.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    are there any stores to sell weapons/armor that can afford to buy my high-priced items? im sick of finding a sword worth 4000 and selling it for 1200 because thats all the owner has.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    are there any stores to sell weapons/armor that can afford to buy my high-priced items? im sick of finding a sword worth 4000 and selling it for 1200 because thats all the owner has.
    I know man, it sucks. I think you just have to roll with it though. I've gone all around the Imperial City and you're going to get 1200 at best.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    I know man, it sucks. I think you just have to roll with it though. I've gone all around the Imperial City and you're going to get 1200 at best.

yeah ive been through every city thats on the map at the start of the game, and a couple towns ive found. i was hoping that there was a little town or camp somewhere that you can find, and someone would have 10,000 to blow on stuff.

+ Reply to Thread