+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rasheed does not care about All Star or Olympics

Rasheed does not care about All Star or Olympics

I dont know if my station (1270) is going to play this clip or talk about this today but last night in the locker room Sheed was asked what he felt about being an All Star and playing for the Olympics.

He said PLEASE DO NOT VOTE for me when it came to the all star game, hoping that the other four starters get in but he does not want any part of the all star game.

He went on to say that "I could give a damn about a gold medal, I want to win championships" He did not want any part of the olympics....

Glad he's focused on winning it all only. I think all our guys have that mindset (even the crybaby).

No offense to Sheed, but I doubt he has a chance anyway. He has the talent to make the all star game, but he's too unselfish to make it. If he parked his ass in the post every night, he'd probably score 20 a game and make an all star team. But he just does what it takes to win and doesn't demand the ball (sometimes to a fault).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think that is just some mild passive aggressive behavior on Sheed's part.

He probably knows that his image is going to most likely keep Colangelo from naming him to the US team, and his All Star chances really aren't that great with guys like Bosh, Ben, Shaq, Jermaine, Ilgauskas, etc. and needing to have the coaches name him won't happen IMO.

I think it's just a defense mechanism that he's using to keep from making it look like he is hurt by getting overlooked.
    Find a new slant.

Rasheed Wallace made similar comments eariler in the season when asked about the All-Star game - he said he's already done all that and at this stage in his career he's rather be on a beach in Mexico with his wife(which is his plans this break) than going through all the hoopla of All-Star weekend.

I find his next point about the Olympics interesting, not because he doesn't want to go, but because some other Pistons do. Will there be any hard feelings if Billups' game starts to fall off because he played too much basketball come the play-offs next season???
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

He probably knows that his image is going to most likely keep Colangelo from naming him to the US team, and his All Star chances really aren't that great with guys like Bosh, Ben, Shaq, Jermaine, Ilgauskas, etc. and needing to have the coaches name him won't happen IMO.

I think it's just a defense mechanism that he's using to keep from making it look like he is hurt by getting overlooked.
    If Rasheed Wallace read that he'd punch you in the damn jugular. Defense mechanism that Sigmund Freud.

This guy's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

Can you imagine sheed dealing with those international refs that Duncan had to put up with a couple years ago. OMFG he would spend the night in a foreign jail.

I actually hope any piston that gets in to the all star game Declines. Even Flip to coach the team. Fuck this shit. Go rest and get ready for the playoffs. Anyone over the age of 13 even watch all star weekend?

As for the Olympics? Sheeds just saying he dosnt want to waste his summer playin ball.

Relax Anthony...and yes I watch every event, every year.

I love it.

As for the Olympics, representing your country in the Olympics isn't a waste.

I love Sheed
    The guy is great with words

+ Reply to Thread