+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Anybody trying it out at the end of this month when it comes out. I blew heavy quarters into it in my younger days.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/90019..._2_111908.html

LOL at the Karate Kid Music.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Used to have a 7-11 a block away from my house. I owned Street Fighter II Championship edition in like ... 7th grade(?). Would spend an hour and a half up there with like a dollar. Ryu, defensive style. It was right by an apartment complex so there were always people coming in and playing. This 20+ guy started coming in one week and one day he blew like $5 losing to me. I didn't see him for like 2 weeks (I was up there literally everyday for a while there) and then he shows one day and starts a challenge using Vega, who he'd never used against me before. Dude had gone out and practiced till he had found a guy who could penetrate my standard tactics. I tried playing around with other characters and could beat his Vega with a few guys but then he could beat whoever I was with his Guile (his prefered character prior to the Vega move). I'd beat his Vega with Blanka or Chun-Li or someone, he'd beat me with Guile, I'd beat his Guile with Ryu, then he'd counter with Vega. It was an endless circle. In the end it would always come down to the dude having more money then me. He had a job and a car, I walked my ass up there with lunch money I hadn't used at lunch.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    ^I have a similar story with Super Mario Bros.

I used to rock Galaga for an hour+ with a single quarter as well.
    Find a new slant.

I would play tons of Street Fighter II at Tel-Twelve mall. They would have two machines and there was usually a group of around 8 kids/teenagers at any given time. You had to get in line to challenge by sticking your quarter on the top face of the machine. There were some great players (me not ever really being one of them). For some reason I was best at Chun-Li: I was always able to grab and throw best with her. I would never do the super lightning kick because that was considered a pussy move (same with just having Blanka go cannonball over and over again, though that was eventually not too hard to counter).

Ok that I may have to get for 360. I miss those games. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat used to be my favorite games to play when I was a kid but for some reason I never owned either of them except the original MK for game boy.
    _

+ Reply to Thread